What's your favorite testing song?
Oct 13, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by wovenhand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shellac - Dog And Pony Show, Prayer To God
Einstürzende Neubauten - Sabrina, Selbstportrait Mit Kater

YES! Sabrina is an awesome song. That's another one of those songs where the bass is either weak and distant or full and punchy.

Oct 13, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by mckickflip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YES! Sabrina is an awesome song. That's another one of those songs where the bass is either weak and distant or full and punchy.

Have you heard Selbstportrait Mit Kater..? It's from the Perpetuum Mobile album. That loud metallic BAM-BAM! sound that comes in nearly made me **** my pants the first time I heard it.
cool.gif

Einstürzende has excellent sounding albums overall, atleast from Silence Is Sexy and onwards.

Nov 30, 2008 at 5:19 AM Post #20 of 26
I like Christian McBride's Album Gettin' To It. The title cut, and "In a Hurry", are nice and upbeat, and all the instrumentation is acoustic, so you can really get a taste for how the sound is colored. It's not complete, as there are no vocals.

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #22 of 26
Two entire albums, actually:

OJCCD-210-2~Bill-Evans-Trio-Waltz-for-Debby-Posters.jpg

Covers acoustics well and has a terrific soundstage. Almost everything you want to know about a piece of gear can be demonstrated here.

And:

51V-q2I%2BrKL._SS400_.jpg

Not just because it's a classic, but because I've heard it several hundred times over the past 25 years. I know DSoTM and it gives you all the information you don't get with a live acoustic recording, like Waltz for Debby.

I use the SACD version of each for evaluation.

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #23 of 26
Edwards Scissorhands Soundtrack, Track #7 (whole album really). Sarah Mclachlan, Fumbling Towards Ecstacy (Tracks 2 and 3). Lord of the Rings Soundtrack, Track 1 (was one of the first songs where I really noticed how important the source was to low end (using the AKG K501s in particular), so I've heard that initial low end hit many times.

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Track #9 - Too Rich For My Blood.

410ZQ764PWL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Awesome! Plus Cassandra Wilson's Black Crow from Blue Light Til Dawn.

Oct 9, 2011 at 8:36 AM Post #26 of 26
My Benchmarks Tracks

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms
Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror
Lil Jon - Get Low
Three 6 Mafia - Late Night Tip
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Tearjerker
Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall Pt 2
Guns N' Roses - November Rain/Welcome To The Jungle
Goldfinger - 99 Red Ballons
Queen - Bohemian Rapsody
AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long