Whats your favorite gear color?
Mar 10, 2007 at 6:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 89

mrrookie

Head-Fier
Aahh well... just a little curious poll, whats your favorite gear color and why?

Mine is black, because black is a serious color, it means (at least for me) something like 'im serious about the stuff i do, theres no need to be flashy'. Black is a very professional color.

I also appreciate some small and aesthetic golden accents in black stuff, this means something entirely different, like 'im hella expensive', or 'i will beat your wallet to death'.

I will try to simplify the options!

Mar 10, 2007 at 6:48 AM Post #2 of 89
My favourite color for gear is black aswell! Black has this thing about it, it looks professional, looks good. All my cables are black, my portable amp is black so is my wooden enclosured STEPS power supply. For audio stuff I also like polished aluminium!

Mar 10, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #3 of 89
Black here too. I think you forgot to specify brown for wood
wink.gif

Mar 10, 2007 at 6:56 AM Post #4 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Black here too. I think you forgot to specify brown for wood
wink.gif

Geez, you're right! is there any way i could edit the choices?
blink.gif

Mar 10, 2007 at 7:00 AM Post #6 of 89
piano... is that like the black ipod?
tongue.gif
... anyway... 8 blacks, 1 brown... that means that we dont give a crap about the bling bling factor, which is always a good thing hehehe

Mar 10, 2007 at 7:10 AM Post #7 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrrookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
piano... is that like the black ipod?
tongue.gif
... anyway... 8 blacks, 1 brown... that means that we dont give a crap about the bling bling factor, which is always a good thing hehehe

Come to think of it, Apple should market the black version of their products as "enhanced black piano gloss finish" and Im sure they could increase the price 10% because it sounds better than "black"

Mar 10, 2007 at 7:20 AM Post #9 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come to think of it, Apple should market the black version of their products as "enhanced black piano gloss finish" and Im sure they could increase the price 10% because it sounds better than "black"

Heh, or they could just claim they invented the black color, the crowds would be AMAZED!

Mar 10, 2007 at 7:21 AM Post #10 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrrookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, or they could just claim they invented the black color, the crowds would be AMAZED!

As far as I know, Apple did invent white... I can't be sure on black...

Mar 10, 2007 at 8:38 AM Post #14 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
black, but preferably a nice finish. i'd rather have a shiny aluminum chassis than a plastic black one. i'm talkin' glossy, snazzy black. or some serious heavy duty metal.

Remember that you can always choose some black anodized aluminium finish, will last forever and still be black
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASR
What, no silver on there? I call color discrimination!

As for my favorite gear color, this pic says it all.

Hmmm... guess silver could fit with the gray_
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back