What's your favorite fatigue-free, laid back, natural and spacious sounding headphone at any price?
Sep 28, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #62 of 68
HiFiMan Edition X V2 - Probably the smoothest presentation out of the entire egg shaped lineup. Super easy to drive but incredibly fast and resolving without the treble peaks that HiFiMan are known for. Stage is almost identical to an Arya V1 but the Edition X V2 is much richer in note weight.

ZMF Verite Closed - HUGE soundstage. I know that sounds funny coming from a closed back but that’s exactly how the VC sounds. It’s got a huge perfectly treated room type of sound. Very laid back presentation with a richness in mid bass and phenomenal timbre. Easily the biggest stage out of all of the closed backs I’ve tried and probably the largest stage I’ve heard from a dynamic driver.

I’d probably mention HD800S on tubes for its soundstage but it’s certainly not fatigue free with its treble spikes and it’s not natural sounding at all. Timbre is its weakest strength as nothing in real life sounds like its presentation.

Sep 28, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #63 of 68
HiFiMan Edition X V2 - Probably the smoothest presentation out of the entire egg shaped lineup. Super easy to drive but incredibly fast and resolving without the treble peaks that HiFiMan are known for. Stage is almost identical to an Arya V1 but the Edition X V2 is much richer in note weight.

ZMF Verite Closed - HUGE soundstage. I know that sounds funny coming from a closed back but that’s exactly how the VC sounds. It’s got a huge perfectly treated room type of sound. Very laid back presentation with a richness in mid bass and phenomenal timbre. Easily the biggest stage out of all of the closed backs I’ve tried and probably the largest stage I’ve heard from a dynamic driver.

I’d probably mention HD800S on tubes for its soundstage but it’s certainly not fatigue free with its treble spikes and it’s not natural sounding at all. Timbre is its weakest strength as nothing in real life sounds like its presentation.
Jeez, none of these I would have guessed as "laid back" compared to something like the ZMF Aeolus, HD6XX, etc.

Sep 28, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #64 of 68
Jeez, none of these I would have guessed as "laid back" compared to something like the ZMF Aeolus, HD6XX, etc.
Aeolus is definitely laid back but it doesn’t stage at all. Neither does the HD6XX.

Both are what I would consider the opposite of spacious sounding. This is especially so with the HD6XX. My HD600 is incredibly three blob even with tubes.

Sep 28, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #65 of 68
Susvara is a strong candidate.

Sep 28, 2023 at 9:10 PM Post #68 of 68
I haven't trialled an awful lot of cans, but out of those I have I'd say my K702, but be warned that it's definitely on the brighter side so for some the "fatigue free" and "laid back" parts might not apply - just for my ears the particular areas of treble that are forward on it don't bother me in the slightest and I can listen to it for half a day without issue or fatigue - when other headphones I've tried can have a single treble peak that has me fatigued after 15 minutes.

So for me it's perfect in that regard, and has the spacious and natural components in droves. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back