What's your favorite brand?
Aug 1, 2008 at 1:45 PM Post #92 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by xCross /img/forum/go_quote.gif
who here says Apple is better than Cowon?? and for what reason??

Me for one. Comparing the X5 to the Touch, the touch sounds far more natural. The x5 sounds really affected. Only my opinion though. Could be my ears.

Aug 1, 2008 at 2:28 PM Post #94 of 140
I voted Toshiba in lieu of Microsoft.
tongue.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #95 of 140
Prink Floyd.

Aug 1, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #96 of 140
I love the interface of the apple devices. So it is my current favorite.

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #98 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by akki007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me for one. Comparing the X5 to the Touch, the touch sounds far more natural. The x5 sounds really affected. Only my opinion though. Could be my ears.

why are you comparing X5 with iPod touch.. X5 is a very old model.. you should compare iPod Touch with Cowon A3..

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourtoys7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
apple for being very simple, and I tend to come back to ipods.
cowon/ sony as well.

how come it is simple when you have to convert every music for iPod??

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashnolan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the interface of the apple devices. So it is my current favorite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rolamoto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I said Apple mainly because of the UI and design. I really love my rockboxed Nano.

yeah.. Cowon cant beat iPod's design.. but iPod's display is no mach for Cowon.. Cowon's latest MP3 player's display are too much sharper.. user interface is one's personal choice..

Aug 1, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #100 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by xCross /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how come it is simple when you have to convert every music for iPod??

iPods play MP3s just like every other DAP, that's what most people use.

Aug 2, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #101 of 140
I like Apple, my first iPod was a 3rd gen 40GB (still working today!) and I currently have a 160GB Classic.

The reasons:
They sync easily with iTunes (which I think is great software)
My Classic has huge amount of storage
Great user interface
Mac compatible
Long battery life (I tested just over 38 hours)
Plays Apple Lossless
Many accessories available

Aug 2, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #103 of 140
Cowon.

The X5 was my second and most-loved MP3 player (liked it more than my first, the Rio Nitrus, by a long shot). Sounds great and I can use it as a VERY FAST hard drive (fastest read/write of any UMS player I've used so far BY FAR). It's literally like a portable hard drive with a music player built around it, and since I rotate around from my fairly extensive collection very frequently this became an important selling point for me (maybe it's time to consider a 160GB Classic).

The iPod Touch I have just doesn't compare. It sounds boring, and not even in the clinical, neutral way. I can just pair my X5 (warm) with the C&C (cold) and get a perfectly neutral sound signature with way more detail and dynamics, and minus the snooze factor. I just can't get over how boring the Touch makes even my notoriously euphonic ES7s sound.
eek.gif

Aug 2, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #104 of 140
Apple.

Aug 2, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #105 of 140
I'm posting on my 3G iPhone. I can control my iTunes remotely. I can transfer stuff I Tivoed. Listen to music and make a call. But I still love my Shuffle and my old 60gigger with my Hornet/Cardas/HD600s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back