What's Your Alcoholic Drink of Choice? // Drink Discussion
Nov 28, 2013 at 7:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 292

PETEREK

Member of the Trade: ThePETEREK on Etsy
Previously known as cCasper TFG
So, what's your drink of choice?

When I'm listening to music at my desk late at night, browsing the forums, watching videos etc., I like to have a drink to relax. 
I'm not a beer drinker, it doesn't get a long with me, nor do I with it. I choose a liquor. Occasionally I will have wiskey to sip, sometimes I will make a "girly drink", something sweet.

Lately, I have been trying different whiskeys. I can always go to whiskey, it is always satisfying and less of a risk to me when trying something new. 

Nov 28, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #2 of 292
I'm a whisk(e)y fan just as much as I am a music fan.

Which pretty much means that I'll enjoy pretty much any whiskey you'll throw at me, but I do have my favourites. I really enjoy peated whiskeys such as Lagavulin and Ardbeg, and I do quite like some sherry monsters like GlenDronach or Aberlour every now and then.

I only drink neat with a drop of water, or diluted with a bit more water if it's at cask strength, but I will drown a cheap blend in Coke every now and then.

Nov 28, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #5 of 292
Good red wine, not the crappy stuff. Prefer a quality Merlot, for my reds.

More often, a good micro-brew beer, but nothing with exotic flavors. Even Samuel Adams will do it. Usually a beer with dinner, unless it's a red sauced Italian based dinner, then it's the wine. Rarely drink outside of dinner time.

Nov 28, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #6 of 292
Yeah - I'm also a neither - I prefer a very good wine: For domestics, a Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay or a Meritage. Or, an Italian Barolo, French Bordeaux or a Spanish Rioja.

When I do drink liquor, it is:

Although there are times when it is more this:

Nov 29, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #9 of 292
@cCasper, Southy with Sprite is good too. Try it. I'm much more in favour of that sort of girly drinks. Gin Tonic on ice with some fresh lime is my fav. Certain red wine is quite my thing too. In the glass when I'm chique or straight out that bottle when feeling like a rebel.

Nov 29, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #10 of 292
  @cCasper, Southy with Sprite is good too. Try it. I'm much more in favour of that sort of girly drinks. Gin Tonic on ice with some fresh lime is my fav. Certain red wine is quite my thing too. In the glass when I'm chique or straight out that bottle when feeling like a rebel.

I'll have to give that a try! Maybe later on tonight I'll have one with dinner. Thanks for the tip!

Dec 31, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #12 of 292

I'm drinking your recommendation right now! Not bad :)

Dec 31, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #13 of 292
beerchug.gif

Enjoyed that music I bet :)
Haven't had it in a while now. Wasn't it too sweet? Maybe a slice of orange or lemon would be a nice touch to freshen it up.

Jan 1, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #14 of 292
Red Bull or Monster & Vodka is what I drink at concerts. If I abruptly stop making appearances here on head-fi, I had a heart attack and died.

The cool thing about Monster and Vodka is, if you're around black lights it glows green.

Jan 1, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #15 of 292
I drink Russian or European brewed vodka, chilled to perfect temp (when you pull the bottle from freezer it does the insta frost when bottle is cracked) straight. For people who like vodka I would suggest Russian Standard or Stoly Gold for grain brew, and Luksoswa for potato. In a pinch 3 Olives(the official Bond vodka) and Finlandia will do the job but I hate being in a pinch
etysmile.gif

If Im going to the bar or a metal concert I drink CC straight chased with Coke/Pepsi cause rye seems to give me energy. Vodka just makes me horny and tired, BAD thing in the pit LMAO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back