What's you ultimate bass moment?
Nov 26, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #76 of 90
Whenever Edgar Meyer plays, it is an amazing bass moment.

meyer.jpg

Nov 26, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #77 of 90
My ultimate bass moment is a trip to the Old Town Music Hall in El Segundo, California. It's a movie house, but has a vintage Mighty Wurlitzer installed and there's always a short organ recital before the show.

That Wurlitzer can hit 12Hz. Let me repeat that, twelve Hertz. Few instruments hit that low and fewer hi-fi systems can reproduce that low. It is nothing short of amazing. The bass has a visceral feel, like nothing else.

Nov 26, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #78 of 90
For me it's Bonobo with Days To Come, from the album with the same name. Especially when the bass first kicks in at around 20 second.

The percussions are coming along, and then the drums and bass kick in. Not a big oohmpy bass, but a well controlled, nice sounding bass
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 28, 2008 at 10:26 AM Post #80 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by strangemusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I enjoy the huuuuuge reverbing bass on No Luck Club's song "Better Times Will Come" when it comes to "bass thump"... but as a bass player, some of my favourite moments include Jaco Pastorius' "Portrait of Tracy" (just one of those songs that EVERYONE should hear)... also, the bass solo on the live version of John Butler Trio's "Betterman" is just incredible.

I preferred Jaco's Continuum. But that's more of a bass player moment than a bass moment.
biggrin.gif

Best bass moment for me has to be Bela Fleck and the Flecktones' Sinister Minister. Victor Wooten carries the entire piece with addictive basslines.

Nov 28, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #81 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian loves music /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ratatat - tacobell cannon

!!!! really need to check it out....crazy on headphones

Haha Ratatat is really great. Unfortunately I get bored of instrumental stuff pretty easily.

Dec 3, 2008 at 6:53 AM Post #82 of 90
The part in the kill bill sound track "Lonely Shepard" were the drums roll before it get all nostalgic.They hits with such force and impact it wakes me up every time when im cousin on low volume on my D2
L3000.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 9:00 AM Post #83 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by trevorlane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
prodigy - breathe
that was on my discman

That one was responsible for the destruction of one of my KEFs long ago. New driver on warranty though, so it was a happy ending, and they never gave me any trouble after that, even caning them just as hard. Got Autechre's Clipper (from Tri Repetae++) playing through them right now.

Dec 4, 2008 at 10:33 AM Post #84 of 90
Another one I just thought of - Evolution by Cinematic Orchestra.

I would just LOVE to hear this track on a high end system...

Dec 4, 2008 at 10:55 AM Post #85 of 90
Madonna - Push
Bran Van 3000 - Gimmie Sheldon / House Lights / Sea of light
Dead Prez - Hip Hop
Gorillaz - The Sound / Clint Eastwood
Melanie C - Never be the same again
Blackalicious - Ego sonic war drums
Lil Wayne - Knuck if you buck freestyle

Dec 4, 2008 at 11:16 AM Post #86 of 90
Today i was at the Yamaha Music store in Singapore and i was checkin out some Synthesizers...i saw one which was connected to a subwoofer + monitor speakers...so i set it to Bass, set the volume on highest and Hit the lowest key.

and there was like a big punch of air which hit me from the sub woofer.

quite a big Bass moment.

Oct 20, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #87 of 90
I have a whole new rig now. PS Audio Digital Link III, Denon MD5000 DE, KICAS Caliente. Me'Shell Ndegeocello. Barry Farms. My head is rocked!

"Go Go music is party music."

Jan 15, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #88 of 90
Artist: Mahavishnu Orchestra
Album: Visions of the Emerald Beyond
Track: Eternity's Breath, Pt. 1

The first notes after bassist Ralphe Armstrong kicks in the octave drop pedal on his bass. I saw this live as well in 1975 or '76. Mind-blowing moment.

Jan 22, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #90 of 90
VCMG's album "Ssss" is just about the first thing I copy to any new SD card.  When Vince Clarke and Martin Gore do techno, you know it's gonna be a winner...  The tracks "Single Blip", "Zaat", and "Spock" especially will give your gear a good workout.

Oh, and one of my favourites in just about any category, Art Of Noise's "Moments In Love" (the 6.59 version off The Best Of...) is pretty sweet too.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back