Whats wrong with my cat ?
Jan 14, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #17 of 22
Good news, she's eating and drinking water. Also she seems to be walking around fine but at a slow pace she lost her ability to jump high and move fast a few years ago though. I don't have the money to take her to the vet for things like X-Rays and all the other very pricey test but I set up an appointment for tomorrow since she's doing better. Thanks for your input guys. They should really have animal health care but seeing I can't get health care right now thats pretty unlikely hopefully things like that will change.

Jan 14, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #18 of 22
Still though, as she is 18 years old (though im dog person and not that aware of cats average length of life) that is quite long time to live. Perhaps she is just starting to get old and body losing its strength, and fast. Be prepared for worst if vet says that something inside her is failing out... Take care.

Jan 14, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #19 of 22
Man I hate it when ppl ask headphone enthusiasts about specialized stuff like this that is best evaluated first hand by a trained professional.

I'm gonna answer them all in one go: go to the doctor, go to the vet, go to the mechanic, why don't you ask him/her, and maybe it's fate - move on.

Hope you're cat's ok though
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 14, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #20 of 22
Glad to hear she's eating and appearing better. Glad you are still taking her to the vet. As I said, vets are understanding to financial issues, if you tell them.

My vets told me the 'average' cat lifespan is approximately 14 years, but I know of many who have lived considerably longer, including this obvious little one. I think I'm a tad bitter this week since my last two never made it to ten. I certainly hope you have more years of love together.

Jan 14, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #21 of 22
Maybe a stroke? I had a cat that had a stroke once.

Jan 14, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHamm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad to hear she's eating and appearing better. Glad you are still taking her to the vet. As I said, vets are understanding to financial issues, if you tell them.

My vets told me the 'average' cat lifespan is approximately 14 years, but I know of many who have lived considerably longer, including this obvious little one. I think I'm a tad bitter this week since my last two never made it to ten. I certainly hope you have more years of love together.

Sorry to hear about Wolfgang. We lost one cat just this past July, and she, too, was less than 10 years old. This picture was taken about two months before she died.

160292485-L.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back