Whats wrong with my cat ?
Jan 14, 2008 at 4:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

strangedaze39

Member of the Trade: HeadCoverage
She's been acting really concerning this morning. She looked very much out of energy and was scratching my basement door, so I went to pick her up so she could sit in my lap but she was extremely limp in my arms (like passed out). I took her to the coach so she could sit with me but she was acting like she needed to go somewhere and slowly made it behind this blue chair in my living room. Now she's just sitting back there and won't eat and it seems almost wants to be left alone. Can anybody guess whats going on ?

Jan 14, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #4 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by strangedaze39 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She's been acting really concerning this morning. She looked very much out of energy and was scratching my basement door, so I went to pick her up so she could sit in my lap but she was extremely limp in my arms (like passed out). I took her to the coach so she could sit with me but she was acting like she needed to go somewhere and slowly made it behind this blue chair in my living room. Now she's just sitting back there and won't eat and it seems almost wants to be left alone. Can anybody guess whats going on ?

Take her to the veterinarian. Really, you don't need people on a web site guessing when she's in that kind of shape.

Hope she gets better.

Jan 14, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Get her to a vet ASAP, especially if she's not eating. Cats can have liver failure if they don't eat. We lost one of our cats just this past July with similar symptoms. She died at the vets office, in my wife's arms.

Jan 14, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #6 of 22
Get her to the vet immediately. Time wasted on here discussing it could be crucial. Let us know how she is after she's been.

Jan 14, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Take her to the veterinarian. Really, you don't need people on a web site guessing when she's in that kind of shape.

Hope she gets better.

QFT. A vet can most definitely offer more sound advice than a group of strangers on the internet. =p

Jan 14, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #9 of 22
Please take your kitty to the vet asap. Don't take any chances. I had to have my Wolfgang put this sleep this past Friday. I would hate to see yours suffer any illness that can be treated if caught in time. Hopefully it will turn out to be nothing serious and you two can be back to normal loving fast.

Jan 14, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #11 of 22
She's 18. and she can't get pregnant. Is their anyway she might just be not feeling well ? I gave her some food and she is eating now, earlier she wouldn't so thats a good sign.

Jan 14, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

She's 18. and she can't get pregnant. Is their anyway she might just be not feeling well ? I gave her some food and she is eating now, earlier she wouldn't so thats a good sign.

Is there some reason you do not want to take her to a vet? Expense? That's valid, but I think you at least need to get an initial diagnosis. You can decide what to do from there if there happens to be a real problem.

Humans "don't feel well". Cats get sick; she's acting that way for a reason. None of us know what it is. If someone tells you "yes, maybe she's just not feeling well" and she subsequently becomes more ill, where does that get you?

Don't mean to sound rude, but I don't want you to regret not taking your animal to a vet.

Jan 14, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #13 of 22
I concur with Samgotit. It's really better to have her examined by a vet than to risk waiting and regretting the outcome. Animals can't communicate like we do, so you have to take those signs as a cue to get a checkup. If you have financial issues, explain that to your vet. They can be very understanding and helpful.

Jan 14, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Get her to a vet, today. Just show up and wait if you have to, but she needs to see a vet muy pronto. Cats don't just behave like you describe for no reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back