Whats wrong with firefox. I HATE IT
Jan 4, 2009 at 11:40 AM Post #16 of 48
Make sure your flash plug-in has been updated, as Adobe don't install any mechanism to keep it up to date, and nor are updates announced in any usefully public way. It's easy to fall quite behind. That being said, I have the Flash Block Firefox plug-in as I don't like having my computer bogged down by flash-laden web pages.

Jan 4, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #18 of 48
Great to wake up to all these answers guys. I checked my ff version and it was the 3.0.5. But i cant remember when i last updated those other plug-ins. will go over them and update. Flash Block Firefox plug-in is now installed. and i will check my RAM and some other tips you have written down. If thats not working im changing my browser.

Jan 4, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #19 of 48
I use FF with flashblocker on sites with a lot of flash. The image zoom plugin is nice too.

I'm mostly using Chrome now. Some cool stuff like it has it's own task manager so you tell if 1 tab is being a real cpu/memory hog and kill it. One problem if you're loaded with tabs and want to "X" the last one it is easy to kill the whole window by mistake, and no warning like FF has.

Jan 4, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #20 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by amphead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Using Firefox, but I haven't updated. It tries to force me to update, but I shut it down. Maybe I will allow it to update, if others haven't experienced problems.

Updating web browser is always a good idea, no matter if current version isnt giving you any problems. They also fix stuff like possible security holes and such.

Jan 4, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #21 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by HippieTom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi i just have to share my bad experience with firefox lately.Have used it all my internet time and have loved it but now....

Almost every time i have written something here and shall preview it firefox shuts down and goes firefox had error and had to restart (maby not exactly those words).

Then i can choose start new session or restart last session. Yeah its a nice function but i loose my text many times and it takes some time load up the pages every time so does anyone use another browser than mozilla? and have this occurred to others.

PS- Does anybody know where that fox lives? is it near a volcano since its burning? i have to find it and throw it in a lake nearby or else we are doomed forever....

Easy fix. Before you preview or submit what you wrote just left click to highlight the text you wrote then right click to copy. If Firefox dumps just restart and paste your text back.

Jan 4, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #22 of 48
I love firefox for their plug-ins and tabs. Have been using FF for a couple of years now without any problems.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #25 of 48
Currently running Firefox/2.0.0.20. :wink:

Jan 5, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #26 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by digger945 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been using Chrome for almost 24hrs now and I really like it a lot. It's simple and FAST.

I love Chrome too, but I do miss the Firefox extensions (BBCode especially, for posting in forums)

Jan 5, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #27 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by digger945 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been using Chrome for almost 24hrs now and I really like it a lot. It's simple and FAST.

Sure but it does eat a lot of resources.
eek.gif

Jan 5, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #28 of 48
If you aren't using the latest version of your browser, you're asking for a virus. Your computer's probably already part of a botnet if you're avoiding updating your browser, even with antivirus software.

I use Firefox (latest version always), and I've only ever had it crash because of an out-of-date plugin, which after disabling didn't cause me problems. Firefox is easily the most feature-rich, stable browser I've used. It's fast to boot.

As far as Chrome goes, once there are a fair number of plugins for it, I may decide to use it. Until then, Firefox it is.

Jan 6, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #29 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure but it does eat a lot of resources.
eek.gif

All programs eat resources. the difference with Chrome is that each tab is independent (see this in Task Manager) - and when you close it, whatever memory it was using is freed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back