What's with the sudden M50 craze?
Apr 21, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #47 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't heard the XB700 but I will bet you a brand new pair of ATH-M50 that the M50 is quite a bit better. The M50 has plenty of bass too.

I agree with this. The M50 IS better. More balanced, low end doesn't drown out the other frequencies, and sounds like a champ. Even still, the XB700 has a place in my heart for pure, unrestricted fun. The only reason I'd say the low end drowns out other things at times, is because of how monstrous the low end is.
dt880smile.png

Apr 21, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #48 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by outlawdon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys stop tempting me or I'll have to buy a pair of these and see what the fuse is about! I do love my SR80i though.

you should get a pair. How's that for tempting you?
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 21, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #50 of 64
No, don't!
Whatever you do... do NOT buy these cans... especially at that fantastic price!

(Is reverse psychology fair?)
beyersmile.png

shane

Apr 21, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #51 of 64
For those with m50s, what adjustment do you wear to make it comfortable to wear? My neck starts to hurt after 5 minutes of use and I've owned it for the past few weeks
frown.gif
I tried wearing it with various adjustments but it's not feeling good at all. I really love the sound of it but it really hurts to wear it
frown.gif

Apr 21, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #53 of 64
I rested mine on the table with the earpads facing down (using the swivel design of the headphone) this helped to stretch the headband to fit my large noggin'. I find them extremely comfortable now.

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #54 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by weibby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
XB700's bass is rather muffled and boomy.
M50's bass is much more punchy.

Depends on preferences.. for $85 shipped on ebay, i don't see whats not to like abt it..

I don't agree. The XB700s are quite clear IMHO, though the bass is overwhelming compared to the M50s. I'd say the M50s are a SMARTER choice, though the XB700s are the FUNNER choice.
wink.gif

As for making the M50s more comfy, just bed the headband out a little, and you'll find them to clamp a bit less. I bent it ONCE to where the headband was nearly straight, and once I let go, you could see that the cups weren't touching each other like before. They still clamp on your head (which is a HUGE plus for me), but not the hard clamp it had before.

Apr 22, 2010 at 7:20 AM Post #55 of 64
I agree as I do love the xb700 though I don't know what I should do now!!! I am tempted at the price to get the m50 also. I recently purchased the sony v7506 also and fear that maybe I should have got the M50's instead..drat!!!

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:07 AM Post #56 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelbe3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree as I do love the xb700 though I don't know what I should do now!!! I am tempted at the price to get the m50 also. I recently purchased the sony v7506 also and fear that maybe I should have got the M50's instead..drat!!!

Take it chill, be happy with what you got. There's going to be plenty more headphones in your life.
devil_face.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 9:04 AM Post #58 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by outlawdon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys stop tempting me or I'll have to buy a pair of these and see what the fuss is about! I do love my SR80i though.

You can have both you know
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 9:18 AM Post #59 of 64
I would probably get a pair if these in the next few weeks or so...I am also very curious about them and just looking for a closed can for my new clip+ portable player. from all the research i had,never heard one bad word on the M50.

Apr 22, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #60 of 64
haha Lust.
I can listen to my skullcandy iethingies on 60 and they're louder than the m50s on 80%. Although. the skullcandies are way too high pitched for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back