What's Up with the "Slow-Posters"?
Nov 17, 2005 at 8:25 PM Post #76 of 119
yeah i was a lurker for more than 5 months before i started posting
this is the first forum that i have actually posted much in
i have been a member of riovolution for more than 6 months now and i dont think i have 60 posts yet, meanwhile in about a month here i have 140+
icon10.gif

Nov 18, 2005 at 12:35 AM Post #80 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach123456
So thats not how you pronounce it?
confused.gif

How is it pronounced, then?

Tyll as in tile (floor). As per his sig.

Nov 18, 2005 at 7:54 AM Post #81 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic
Offtopic....
wink.gif

LOL, I think I'm glad Jude hasn't been reading this thread. I would probably get my third title...
tongue.gif

Nov 18, 2005 at 8:26 AM Post #82 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry
My post count doesn't tell you the whole story. Though on average I post about once per day, in the past year or so I have only posted a handful of times. I have fallen out of the headphone hobby and as such I have little to contribute on the technical side, and once the Member's Lounge forum got moderated to the point where any strong disagreement was seemingly not allowed and where discussion topics were severly restricted, there's been little reason to post here, either.

Yeah it used to be wilder and woolier, but it was more fun. Now it's not.

Actually the Member's Lounge has loosened up a LOT since the first time CI got killed off. It's another forum here that has had the fun sucked out of it.....

Member's Lounge is one of the main reasons I still post here.
-Ed

Nov 18, 2005 at 10:24 AM Post #83 of 119
i usually only post "productive" posts which is why mine is so low. a lot of people post in every thread with 3 word comments that 400 people before them made the same comment. or they post in every thread about the same thing. pretty pointless imo~

Nov 19, 2005 at 8:42 AM Post #84 of 119
Since I'm decently new to this hobby, I figure I shouldn't chime in unless it's on things that I actually have experience with. For example, I shouldn't run in and start reccommending sources when my source is still my Audigy 2 (yes, I know, but it was before I got into hi-fi). Until I've heard it enough to come to a conclusion, I keep my words out of the discussion.

Nov 20, 2005 at 6:44 AM Post #86 of 119
I don't post too much for a number of reasons

-The equipment forums have tons of posts. I have a very modest setup, but what's more, none of it is anywhere close to popular. K340s, Jahn's Optonica, a Sony SACDP that isn't the SCD-CE595. The only headphones I have had serious listening to in good conditions with a wide variety of music are the SR-60s, which have been discussed to death, and the K340s, which are uncommon enough that there isn't much discussion, and when there is, well that's why we have philodox
biggrin.gif

So I generally don't post there...

-I check the Meets area often. I like meets much better than forum discussions and I try to go to most of the nearby meets.

-I occasionally broswe FS/FT, but I am usually not actively hunting for an upgrade.

I do post in or at least read the Members Lounge at least every two days, and the Meets at least every week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back