What's Up with the "Slow-Posters"?
Nov 15, 2005 at 1:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 119

gratefulshrink

Headphoneus Supremus
I realize that everybody has their own posting style and speed. Some of us are crazy and post all the time (and never sleep, it seems). Others take their time and only chime in here and there.

But I just don't get how people could be members here with join dates of two or three years ago, and have post counts in the single digits. I just saw someone with a join date of 5/03, and their second post was today.

Is there a theory on this? Do some people join head-fi and then only come back to the website once a year or so, and then not even post? Do some head-fiers just read (like voyeurs), and not post? Are they shy?

Inquiring minds want to know...
confused.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 1:43 AM Post #2 of 119
I do alot more reading then posting. Yea I am a bit shy, but I also feel like its best for me to pay attention and learn as much as I can before I start handing out advice. I lurked around here for 7 months before joining, and I still hardly post at all. I do enjoy reading everything that has been posted though.

Nov 15, 2005 at 1:51 AM Post #4 of 119
I am shy too.
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 1:52 AM Post #5 of 119
I come here every day, donate, and even went to the Boston meet last week, but barely have 150 posts. I just like reading more than writing. There's nothing wrong with that.

Nov 15, 2005 at 1:54 AM Post #6 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by patman657
I come here every day, donate, and even went to the Boston meet last week, but barely have 150 posts. I just like reading more than writing. There's nothing wrong with that.

Not at all.

I'm glad my thread was "post-worthy" for you.
icon10.gif
wink.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 1:59 AM Post #8 of 119
Before I get flamed, I really don't mean to offend anyone. I was just curious about how people use the site -- how often they browse, do they read and not post (which seems like a buch of people do), etc.

Nov 15, 2005 at 2:13 AM Post #9 of 119
Yeah, some of us do enjoy reading more than typing. Maybe every once in a while they will read something that will compell them to respond or contribute but other than that they just enjoy absorbing it all in. Some members may not frequent here as often or for only short periods of time.

Nov 15, 2005 at 2:24 AM Post #11 of 119
Personally I don't post very often because I don't have much to contribute most of the time.

edit: After submitting my response, I realized that I didn't know I have as many posts as I do. I guess I have more to contribute than I thought.

Nov 15, 2005 at 2:35 AM Post #12 of 119
I like to gather up knowledge before i give up some of mine
wink.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 2:42 AM Post #13 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I am shy too.
evil_smiley.gif

A few bricks shy of a load, as the locals phrase it.
icon10.gif

BW

Nov 15, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #14 of 119
Lurkers...I lurked for about 5 months before I really started posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back