What's up with the page numbers?
Jun 12, 2009 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Happy Camper

Headphoneus Supremus
I was in the SP amp thread and the actual page showing current time posts was on page 109. The page listing showed 110 and 111 but clicking them brought me back to 109. I've noticed other threads having one extra page shown but doing the same thing. Bug in the software or am I ignorant of something pertaining to this?

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #2 of 15
Hey H.C. ,

I noted the same "quirk" in the music subforum, "What are you listening to now" thread.

I suspect it is now duely noted by the mods.

Also, my time stamp is off by exactly one hour eariler than actual while loged in, and when I log out, the remaining post is some 4 hours later than actual post time, mysteriously...

Jun 13, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #7 of 15
It's not just huge threads. The new Compass thread, with a total of 5 pages, is displaying that 6 are available.

TBH it's a little worrying that nobody in "authority" has acknowledged the problem, as far as I've seen?

~Phewl.

Jun 13, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #8 of 15
^^ Huh?
If you had read the thread I linked to you would have seen the following.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, as krmathis said, it's a known problem. I've submitted the question to the support forum of vBulletin, and hope to have an answer/fix soon.

Jun 13, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #10 of 15
Another quirk I've noticed is certain pages get stuck on a refresh loop, and the only way I can get out of it is to close the window.

Jun 13, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioPhewl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, but that was many weeks ago...

~Phewl.

Yeah, but the post by Jude show quite clear that he have acknowledged the problem.
wink_face.gif

Guess he is still waiting for a fix, from the vBulletin crew...

Jun 13, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #12 of 15
From looking at this, it seems a fix won't be issued as it's just a case of rebuilding the thread information...

~Phewl.

Jun 13, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioPhewl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From looking at this, it seems a fix won't be issued as it's just a case of rebuilding the thread information...

~Phewl.

There's a second bug though, in the VBulletin code, which there isn't a fix for at the moment.

Jun 13, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #15 of 15
Ah, fair enough. I guess I should shut up now anyway, else I'll overstep the mark(more than I've already done so) and offend folks.
smily_headphones1.gif

~Phewl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back