What's up everyone!??looking for answers about ifi go blu connecting via usb?
Sep 29, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #16 of 23
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I figured this might be helpful for others. There’s a new update for the go blu that automatically disables usb charging when plugged into an iPhone. I can now use usb on my iPhone with the go blu

You can find the instructions here: https://ifi-audio.com/support/download-hub/
Thanks. And the camera kit is still needed? That kills the portability

I am considering the iFi Go blu and the Qudelix 5K. I have an iFi hip DAC and love it with my Focal Elegia. I also have a BTR5 that I like for wireless and EQ, although no EQ wired. With the iFi Go blu I know I would not need EQ, as it happens with Hip Dac, but the camera kit is a stopper for me

Sep 29, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #17 of 23

I am considering the iFi Go blu and the Qudelix 5K. I have an iFi hip DAC and love it with my Focal Elegia. I also have a BTR5 that I like for wireless and EQ, although no EQ wired. With the iFi Go blu I know I would not need EQ, as it happens with Hip Dac, but the camera kit is a stopper for me
I have the Go Blu but don’t use it as a USB DAC. however, in your case to not use a camera stopper I recommend this which I find excellent:
https://www.ddhifi.com/productinfo/1350761.html
I also have https://www.ddhifi.com/productinfo/1980334.html —the quality of the finish on these are excellent.

Sep 30, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #20 of 23

Ifi recently released an update to their firmware for the go blu (3.17), where they claim that they have solved the issue with to much current.

Sep 30, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #21 of 23
I have spent one hour switching from BTR5 to iFi Hip Dac (Tidal on iPhone and on iPad so I just need to change the headphones jack to one and other). I like the iFi sound more, it is bigger, warmer (booming sometimes with x-bass enabled), more organic, more analog. I do not know which one to buy, the Go Blu or the Qudelix 5K. I have already given away the BTR5 to my teenager daughter and she is quite happy to go wireless with her senns HD598. I could go with the Qudelix for powerful EQ and use hip dac when I want iFi sound, having both options, or I just could buy the Go and enjoy iFi sound always

Sep 30, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #22 of 23
I have spent one hour switching from BTR5 to iFi Hip Dac (Tidal on iPhone and on iPad so I just need to change the headphones jack to one and other). I like the iFi sound more, it is bigger, warmer (booming sometimes with x-bass enabled), more organic, more analog. I do not know which one to buy, the Go Blu or the Qudelix 5K. I have already given away the BTR5 to my teenager daughter and she is quite happy to go wireless with her senns HD598. I could go with the Qudelix for powerful EQ and use hip dac when I want iFi sound, having both options, or I just could buy the Go and enjoy iFi sound always
I haven’t listened to the Qudelix 5K, but I’m very happy with my IFI GO Blu.
Love the Xbass feature.

Sep 30, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #23 of 23
I just recently washed my btr5 in my laundry 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️. So purchased ifi go blu, which I love btw I'm starting to notice a difference between iem/devices but I'm not able to connect iphone>cck>usba>usbc>ifi go blu, but keep getting Accessory uses too much power, and I am using apple cck which I have 2 and it's still not letting me connect. Am I missing something to make this work? Thanks in advance for any and all recommendations or comments🤘✌️
Should be fixed with firmware 3.17

Users who are viewing this thread

Back