What's up everyone!??looking for answers about ifi go blu connecting via usb?
Dec 27, 2021 at 3:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

RocChesterfield

New Head-Fier
I just recently washed my btr5 in my laundry 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️. So purchased ifi go blu, which I love btw I'm starting to notice a difference between iem/devices but I'm not able to connect iphone>cck>usba>usbc>ifi go blu, but keep getting Accessory uses too much power, and I am using apple cck which I have 2 and it's still not letting me connect. Am I missing something to make this work? Thanks in advance for any and all recommendations or comments🤘✌️

Dec 27, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #2 of 23
Unfortunately the same is true for me. As of right now, there's no way to toggle the charge on/off (at least not to my knowledge). Hoping someone else here can recommend a solution OR iFi releases a firmware update. Would be amazing if they released an app to coincide with the GO Blu. It has the potential to be the best portable DAC/amp but the lack of a companion app or sports clip really hurts it. Still use my BTR5 more frequently only because its more convenient

Dec 27, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #3 of 23
Yea my worry was which happened today was the sound was almost maxed out and using CA mammoths!!! BAMMM!! But what I've read is it says power it on 1st then plug it in but yeah that didn't work, even plugging it into my android tablet still didn't connect via usbc, tried disabling all BT devices and still nothing

Dec 27, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #4 of 23
It will not be portable, try adding a powered USB hub in between. Or a Y cable where the other end you can attach a battery pack. The former you can add other devices such as a pendrive or a portable HDD. The later is a bit tricky because you need a cable to power the other attached device not the source.

Edit: Found it https://www.amazon.com/Delock-data-power-cable-65306/dp/B001BHVMIU

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #5 of 23
It will not be portable, try adding a powered USB hub in between. Or a Y cable where the other end you can attach a battery pack. The former you can add other devices such as a pendrive or a portable HDD. The later is a bit tricky because you need a cable to power the other attached device not the source.

Edit: Found it https://www.amazon.com/Delock-data-power-cable-65306/dp/B001BHVMIU
Don't u think I should be able to use android tablet and jump from usbc>usbc? I was used to btr5 and just disabled charge, but who woulda thunk u couldn't wash btr5 w/ laundry 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😬
So I just grabbed the ifi a few days back and still getting used it, im def diggin thou🤘

Dec 28, 2021 at 3:03 AM Post #6 of 23
Yes you could. But Android is a hit or miss thing.

Need to have a cable that supports OTG function and an APP to do it. Try HibyMusic its free. USB Audio Player Pro, Neutron MP or Onkyo HF are topnotch but to a price.

Dec 31, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #7 of 23
I'm constantly or was well I still am paying for tidal, YouTube red, Spotify dropped deezer and Apple Music, i have playlist throughout all of em but now it's nice to use Spotify to transfer everything to tidal but if I cancel Spotify it'll remove my playlist from tidal, maybe im just being lazy or that will just take a hot min to move everything to tidal and YouTube red I'll find live stuff or stuff that's not anywhere else

Jan 17, 2022 at 12:28 AM Post #8 of 23
FYI to anyone experiencing the same thing I did trying to use ifi GB, I finally got it working for option of apple cck, after many hrs, but had to factory reset device, then had to use android tab. To download Gaia, then download firmware from ifi 3.05v then update ifi GB via BT!! It's just nice to have that option of wired🤘🤘✌️

Feb 8, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #9 of 23
FYI to anyone experiencing the same thing I did trying to use ifi GB, I finally got it working for option of apple cck, after many hrs, but had to factory reset device, then had to use android tab. To download Gaia, then download firmware from ifi 3.05v then update ifi GB via BT!! It's just nice to have that option of wired🤘🤘✌️
appreciate you sharing this, but still quite disappointed. ifi support specifically said it would work with hires audio with lightning and official apple dongle:

"You can play Hi-res PCM audio data up to 24-bit/96kHz when connected via the USB-C port.

For iPhone you’ll need the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/...cce79b4a14d61a26b06c03b6fcbcb69bc7ab1b8ff1e84"

went and spent $30 only to get the not enough power error and then this from their support.

"We would recommend updating your iPhone to the latest software and using the Go Blu as a Bluetooth device to avoid this issue."

if i was still in the return period would absolutely have returned this... buyer beware...

Jun 26, 2022 at 4:40 AM Post #10 of 23
I just recently washed my btr5 in my laundry 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️. So purchased ifi go blu, which I love btw I'm starting to notice a difference between iem/devices but I'm not able to connect iphone>cck>usba>usbc>ifi go blu, but keep getting Accessory uses too much power, and I am using apple cck which I have 2 and it's still not letting me connect. Am I missing something to make this work? Thanks in advance for any and all recommendations or comments🤘✌️
I’ve found a solution using the Apple CCK.
I simply put a small USB-hub between the CCK and the USB-A to USB-C cable, thus tricking the I-device to think the IFI GO Blu consumes less power.

Sep 29, 2022 at 1:05 AM Post #11 of 23
Unfortunately the same is true for me. As of right now, there's no way to toggle the charge on/off (at least not to my knowledge). Hoping someone else here can recommend a solution OR iFi releases a firmware update. Would be amazing if they released an app to coincide with the GO Blu. It has the potential to be the best portable DAC/amp but the lack of a companion app or sports clip really hurts it. Still use my BTR5 more frequently only because its more convenient
I have tried a cable that is a Lightning to USB-c and my iPhone will not recognize it. Apple says go to the home app but no luck there...funny thing is it works with apple play in my car with ANOTHER adapter into a usb-a port. I feel like this is more of an Apple issue. May try giving them a cll tomorrow.

Nov 9, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #12 of 23
Go Blu has no way to turn off charging like BTR5, one of the reasons I am returning the one I have. I know it is supposed to play at 24/96 with USB but the voice prompt never says that it is, only way I know that is on my MacBook Pro in the Audio Midi Setup it shows the Format as 24/96 if the file I am playing is at this resolution.

May 27, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #14 of 23
I have a pair of the UTW5 by FiiO and they sound great with my Shire 846. I am using the sp3k to source them. Can I use my ifi go Blu to connect to the iPhone using lightning to usbc (apple recognizes the device) and can play music to it.

I would like to use the go blue’s higher end Bluetooth codec to connect to the FiiO UTW5 , thereby giving my access to my music from the iPhone in an improved quality to the UTW5 or other Bluetooth headset.

I don’t care for apple iPhones Bluetooth codecs given the limitations.

May 27, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #15 of 23
Sorry I forgot to add: is there a way to connect the UTW5 with the go Blu over Bluetooth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back