Whats the worst headphone you ever bought?
Apr 12, 2008 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

ickyman

Head-Fier
Heya's,

I'm new to here, but figured I would get some feedback on some the absolute worst headphones that you all may have purchased.

I'm listeneing to mine... Phillips SBC HN110. Lemme tell ya, they are something else. I can not listen to them on my reciever because they require to much equalization to make them even listenable. These headphone have very prevelant mids... only problem is the mids sound like they were broadcast to you via a walkee talkee. The bass is quick to distort even at levels lower than what I would consider "nominal". They do have treble, but it doesn't at all sound crisp, it sounds muddy as well.

These are truely horrible and are by far the worst I have ever listened to.

Apr 12, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #2 of 47
Some $9.99 pair of Sonys; I'm not sure what model.

I plug them into finished DIY amps the first time I power them on. More fun than a dummy load and I get to listen. Still haven't fried them.

Apr 12, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 47
A roughly $30CAN pair of Sony cans. Claimed to be closed... weren't even close to isolating. Sound about on par with my $15 Sony earbuds at the time. In fact, those were the headphones that got me to give in and spend some real dough on my first pair of Sennheisers, the HD280s.

Look where it got me, posting on Head-fi.
wink.gif

Apr 12, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #4 of 47
iBuds.

They fall out of my ears, they distort earlier than they should, are completely uncomfortable, and are basically worthless.

Apr 12, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #5 of 47
cyberhome 'surround' headphones.

they were so awful. so very, very awful.

Apr 12, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #6 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A roughly $30CAN pair of Sony cans. Claimed to be closed... weren't even close to isolating. Sound about on par with my $15 Sony earbuds at the time. In fact, those were the headphones that got me to give in and spend some real dough on my first pair of Sennheisers, the HD280s.

Look where it got me, posting on Head-fi.
wink.gif

LOL, yeah I caved as well. I bought a pair of HFI-780's, just waiting for the distrubutors to restock so they can send em out to me... seems there's been a run on em, wonder why =/

Apr 12, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #7 of 47
Ultrasone HFI-550. Hurting my head AND my ears at the same time.
Stupid big ears.

Apr 12, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #9 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
aren't there 17 different threads about this subjects already?

Yeah, but I didnt see any about the ones I posted about... so there obviously isn't enough posts about this =P

Apr 12, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #10 of 47
My biggest disappointement?
Zalman ZF RS6F Surround Sound Headphones.

I bought them before i got into head-fi, so i didn't know better. I needed some decent headphones for gaming, since my old (old) Sennheiser HD480's had no foam padding anymore, and i couldn't be arsed to fix them or find new foam paddings.
Found several glowing reviews of the Zalmans on various well-respected gaming sites, saying the 5.1 surround sound offered superior positioning, a big plus in gaming.
They were awful.
Everything was muddy, music was one big mess of sounds, no highs, the lows were extremely muddy, everything was distant. They sounded so bad, i was convinced something was wrong with my setup. Tried changing every setting i could find, even tried different sound cards. No improvement whatever i did.
The positioning was definitely WORSE than my old, cheap Sennheisers.

So i started using my old (old) Sennheiser HD480's again which were alot better,until i finally found this site and got into head-fi. Got some nice HD650's, and an X-fi Elite Pro, later on added a Fatman iTube valve amp.
Loved it.
The Sennheisers broke though, cable first, headband snapped second.
Got AKG K701's instead, which i actually like a bit more.

So i learned that good Hi-Fi headphones are great for not only music but also for gaming...5.1 surround sound headphones? Not so much.

Apr 12, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #11 of 47
thanks to Head-Fi, still not one I could say - really really hated them!

Thank you guys!

Apr 12, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #15 of 47
oh man... i bought some Crappy Nexxtech stereo earbuds.. oh man, they were horrid!

Then it was sony earbuds.. ahh they were bad but not that bad..

then stock ibuds then they broke..

then sony ex81's.. what a huge jump to mid-fi

then rp-htx7's .. Awesome for the price.

then marshmallows .. got them at a steal for 10 bucks.

then sr80's.. the best phone i currently have

Users who are viewing this thread

Back