What's the weirdest music you've ever heard?
Aug 1, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #16 of 103
This was an interesting music video on Radiohead's The Most Gigantic Lying Mouth of All Time video.

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #23 of 103
Haha the band sun O))) is after one thing and one thing only: to find the "brown note". They have postulated that there is a note of low enough frequency sound that it can actually make people poop their pants...this is called the "Brown note"...its science not insanity lol (note....its not really science) 

Aug 6, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #25 of 103
I must be something of a weirdo myself, because all the stuff that's been linked to seems incredibly tame to my ears.
Obviously, one man's "weird" is another's "modernism", "invention" and "noise".
Still, whatever its definition, I think Van Dyke Park's Song Cycle (recorded in 1968) has to be the greatest pop artifact of weird America ever produced, and a masterpiece at that.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-90icZd-0s
It's just been rereleased by the Bella Union label. As have two later records (cover projects) : Discover America (calypso songs about the USA, an excellent work) and Clang of the Yankee Reaper (sadly not as good).

Aug 6, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #28 of 103

Truly the proof that it is possible that Richard Gere became pregnant during the filming of An Officer And A Gentleman.

Aug 6, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #29 of 103
Tribes Of Neurot - Adaptation and Survival

It's a noise project by members of Neurosis, this particular album came with three different records, one 5", one 7" and one 10".  Each album has samples of insect noises time stretched/compressed, they are meant to be played at the same time at varying speeds, which would allow you to, in essence, create an infinite number of "songs."  It also came as a 2 cd set, one cd with six tracks, 1 for each side of each record, then on the second cd was one possible mix of those three albums.

here's one of the sides:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back