What's the shape of your head? Bass, Treble, or V-shaped?
Jun 26, 2010 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

kingpage

1000+ Head-Fier
It's time to know the distribution of people's preference on this subject here, since there have been a lot of occasions where some claimed most head-fiers prefer treble a lot more than any other frequencies (trebleheads), but without any real evidence the claim cannnot be substantiated or continue to be said.

Are you a basshead, midhead, treblehead, V-shaped-head? ...or flathead...ahem, no, I mean, neutralhead?

It's would be nice to mention and/or explain your choice below, but if you would like to remain anonymous that's cool too.

Quote:
kingpage said:

Honest vote, people.

You don't have to admit it explicitly or in public, just vote according to your heart. There's no point saying you're a neutralhead, but in fact you love the IE8's or Pro Gold's or Pro Copper's or any other bass-emphasized IEMs more than anything else. Likewise for those who love their treble-enhanced phones.

Jun 27, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #6 of 37
I like neutral, but the problem is really where neutral is; I've certainly seen people arguing that treble headphone X (at least in my view) is absolutely neutral, less common for the bass side. 

If I had to choose, I'd take a little dark (more mids and bass), since the first thing I'd lose is the sibilance. 

Jun 27, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #7 of 37
Where are all the bassheads and trebleheads?

Are they simply afraid to admit who they are and have changed to another camp?

Perhaps, all the bassheads are newbies who ask their first question and disappear, but that can't explain why no trebleheads are around.

Jun 27, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #9 of 37
I believe some are bassheads (and trebleheads to a lesser extent) in the closet.

Honest vote, people.

You don't have to admit it explicitly or in public, just vote according to your heart. There's no point saying you're a neutralhead, but in fact you love the IE8's or Pro Gold's or Pro Copper's more than anything else. Likewise for those who love their treble-enhanced phones.

I understand so far we don't have sufficient sample size to make any good conclusions yet, let's wait and see.

Jun 27, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #13 of 37
Used to be a mid man, but loudness curve (V shaped) EQs have been growing on me. I still can't stand any sort of masking in the mids however.

After hearing the RE0, everybody becomes a treble fan to some extent.

Jun 27, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #14 of 37
I like my Coppers and Miles Davis, I would like to try other headphones but I like what they give me at the moment. If liking the sound of these headphones makes me a basshead, well so be it.

basshead +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back