Whats the quality of Monster Headphones like
Oct 26, 2010 at 7:23 AM Post #16 of 21

Quote:
RaZrReD, the IE8s have so much bass with the adjustment port wide open that you'll feel the inside of your brains rattling around.
biggrin.gif
  You might remember that Maxell add picture of the guy sitting in front of his speakers with his hair flying back.  That's the impression I get from these.  Unfortunately, it's not my preferred sound signature, so I don't use them much.  Literally, I had a few vertigo problems three or four years ago, and these things can stimulate it slightly, like going on a ride at an amusement park.  As a result, I never listen to them with the bass port wide open.

With respect to the quality of the MTPG and MTPC, outside of an off center diaphragm with my first MTPG which was promptly replaced, I've not had any complaints in the five months I've had them.  I've carried them in their thin soft cases during international trips, etc., without issue.  Here's hoping they won't have problems tomorrow . . . .  Currently, I'm enjoying a Nox Arcana album through the MTPCs to set the mood for Halloween.  They're perfect for this type of music.

Good to see a fellow Texan around here
k701smile.gif

Oct 26, 2010 at 10:16 AM Post #17 of 21
I have some Thin Film Technology earphones that I am testing.  If you are looking for some bass or even sub-bass you should try a pair of these.  Would you like me to send you a sample?

Oct 26, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #18 of 21

Quote:
Well I'm afraid I found their quality to be quite poor too. I had two pairs of Miles Davis Tribute and one set of Turbine Pro Copper IEM's all have to be sent back for either bad channel imbalances or a totally dead channel. Oh, and on my first pair of MD's, a metal sleeve at the base of the cable strain relief totally came off and was sliding freely up and down the cable. Nothing a little dab of krazy glue didn't fix though. But still, not encouraging, much as I loved the sound of the MD's. 

I recently purchased a pair of miles davis also, the left earpiece is louder, clearer and more bass than the right.  Is that the same problem that you experience with yours?

Oct 27, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #19 of 21

Quote:
I recently purchased a pair of miles davis also, the left earpiece is louder, clearer and more bass than the right.  Is that the same problem that you experience with yours?

Yes, that's exactly what the second pair was like. The first pair had the right channel just totally go out. I finally got a good pair with the third try.  :0) 

Was your pair new, or second-hand?

Oct 28, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #21 of 21
To answer the OP's question, yeah, several of Monster's headphones' quality are not very good.
The original turbine doesn't feel very sturdy - lack of strain reliefs and thin cables make it prone to break.  (Turbine Pro supposedly improved a lot of those.)
Several of the fullsize/portable Beat series have fragile headbands - I've seen broken ones on display at several Best Buy stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back