What's the purpose of hiding the cost of items once sold?
Apr 8, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #16 of 62
well i believe interest check is for those who are not really sure whether they want to let go of their stuff or not, but they might be tempted to sell if there is interest with the right offer price..
for me, if it encourages more trading to happen, why not..

Quote:

Originally Posted by k3oxkjo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or it's a tease. I have these, are you interested? Yes. Well we will see... nyah nyah I am NOT going to sell them.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Kevin

i dont believe someone would waste theirs and others time with this kind of childish behavior, or at least adults shouldnt behave like this lol

Apr 8, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #17 of 62
Interest Checks would make sense if the site you are selling them on prohibits you form posting the item on other sites like eBay. That way,you know whether you should post them here or whether it's a waste of time and should just go to eBay or wherever.

Apr 8, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #18 of 62
When I've sold things here in the past, I always deleted the entire OP & put in large font : SOLD because I got tired of continuing to get PMs after the item had been sold. There was no attempted "pseudos subterfuge" on my part.

Apr 8, 2010 at 6:17 AM Post #19 of 62
if anything you can always pm the seller to ask how much they sold it for.

Apr 8, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #20 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by feiraron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well i believe interest check is for those who are not really sure whether they want to let go of their stuff or not, but they might be tempted to sell if there is interest with the right offer price..
for me, if it encourages more trading to happen, why not..

So, say "it's an auction, PM me with your best offer". Everyone would know the deal UP FRONT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by feiraron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dont believe someone would waste theirs and others time with this kind of childish behavior, or at least adults shouldnt behave like this lol

How long have you been on Head-fi?
biggrin.gif

Kevin

Apr 8, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #23 of 62
It's helpful to leave the asking price in for sale ads as a reference to establish the market value of different gear.

After I sell an item I put *** SOLD *** in the header of the For Sale ad. and also put ***SOLD*** beside the price in the ad.

I've never been contacted asking if it's still available for sale for an item I've already sold.

I wish sellers would put SOLD in the header of their For Sale ad once an item has been sold.

Apr 8, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #25 of 62
Oh no, not again!
Guess it is this time of the month . . .

Apr 8, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #26 of 62
I do it because the majority of headphones I've purchased since discovering head-fi have been the in and out of production flagship models, so that I can get a taste of the best each manufacturer has to offer. I tend to replace the price with SOLD because the flagships, specifically those out of production, tend to rise in value as time goes by. No one is going to sell you a headphone that currently sells for $1500+, for a price around $500 that the model may have sold for five years ago. Sometimes people don't observe thread creation dates, as we see numerous times throughout the years with those new to the forum replying to a thread that has been dead for many years. When this occurs people sometimes contact you with a very low offer based on research they did from past threads. At that time I can't tell if I am being lowballed or if the person truly thinks that the headphone still sells for that low amount. I would rather not deal with that hassle so for my sake, and the sake of others, I choose to remove the price.

Apr 8, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #27 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuck57 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's helpful to leave the asking price in for sale ads as a reference to establish the market value of different gear.

Agreed and usually a google search can point to a sold items here on head-fi.

Apr 8, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #29 of 62
Gee...Whenever I've sold an item here, I put SOLD on the listing - in numerous places - but kept the price visible. I've found it useful to be able to watch pricing trends that way. After the sale, nobody has ever contacted me about price or availability.

Apr 8, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #30 of 62
also prices will continuously fall if every 1 leaves it visiable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back