Whats the opinion of the ZAPFILTER ?
Apr 29, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #19 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by ccontreras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is complicated to install? (in 999ES)
I have seen modifications in 9100ES with zapfilter... but not of 999ES (www.sacdmods.com)

the actual wiring only takes a few minutes. the hard part is usually finding a good location to mount it.

Apr 29, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #20 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got mine from partsconnexion.com, the official North American dealer and a sponsor here.

Thanks again.

I'll have to see what kind of mess I'd be getting into if I decide to try out one of these things with my Onkyo 1000. I forgot which Wolfson DACs it uses. I'll have to dig into that...

May 2, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #22 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Girardian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this an easy DIY for a non-DIY guy?

How much of a non-DIY guy are you? Are you comfortable soldering, wiring, and doing case modifications (drilling, fastening etc)? The Zapfilter doesn't really come with any instructions, you have to rely somewhat on the experiences of helpful forum members.. A good working knowledge of what a DAC does & how is helpful too. Back before I did the mod I made some project notes, hopefully this could give you a starting place.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...postcount=1505

~Scott

May 6, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #23 of 49
Well, at a couple of hours in, it has perked the E5 up on the balanced outs... and really extended the bass, especially on the HE60.

May 6, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #24 of 49
If you use an current ouptput DAC then you will have to use a inline resistors with the signal. The outputs cannot be directly connected to the inputs of the zapfilter. LC audio recommends 33R.

I have some quick questions to those with the current out dacs. What resistance was used inbetween the DAC outputs and the ZAP filter inputs and did you simply connect the ground inputs to the chassis?

May 6, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #25 of 49
Current out DACs usually want to see a dead short (virtual ground) on their output, which is why something like a current mirror is usually used in a discrete I/V. Putting resistors in series with the DAC chip outputs isn't going to get you there, unless I'm missing something...

May 6, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #26 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got mine from partsconnexion.com, the official North American dealer and a sponsor here.

i think i may be blind...do you have a link to it on their site?

May 6, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #27 of 49
www.partsconnexion.com

you are welcome
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #29 of 49
Go under digital in their product page. And go under the lower left corner of the page for a list of brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back