What's the one song that really made you appreciate your headphones?
Dec 28, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #106 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man.. I just listened to Machine Gun by Jimi Hendrix on my SR225's.. That was awesome. Really, anything by him is sounding awesome on these.

No kidding...I definitely second that! very very

However, w/ my HD650's I once put on Miles Davis "Sketches of Spain" LP (after upgrading my cart and phono-pre) and that whole album turned on the light for me. Once you've had that kind of experience it's hard to top but one keeps trying anyway.

Since then there's much more I can list but it's all a matter of taste anyway.

Dec 28, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #107 of 180
Stan Getz - Bossa Nova

Dec 28, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #108 of 180
a flac rip of "nude" from the new radiohead album

"everything in its right place" radiohead

begining of dark side of the moon

all is full of love - bjork

most elliot smith songs

Dec 28, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #109 of 180
Leonard Bernstein conducting Beethoven's 9th, live, outdoors right at the base of the Berlin Wall within weeks after it came down. Tremendous sound on my 325i's.

Dec 28, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #110 of 180
A couple of songs really sat me back in my seat with my SR-60's...

"The Sky is Crying" Stevie Ray Vaughan - This cat's guitar is just so sharp and bites you hard on this track.

"I Wish" Stevie Wonder - Really funky track. You just ride the bassline like sound wave surfing...Really recommend listening if you haven't.

Thanks.

Dec 29, 2007 at 3:46 PM Post #114 of 180
Well Hey Nineteen was the first song I played on my first ever ipod (ipod mini). Even with stock earbuds (
eek.gif
) I was in heaven. It was leaps and bounds better than my old walkmen and discmen. Then I discovered headfi....

But as a little kid I remember being in love with Queen's We Will Rock You.

Dec 29, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #116 of 180
what's going on marvin gaye, westone um2
comfortably numb feat van morrison, westone um2
love gun alive IV kiss, westone um2
dream on aerosmith, uesf5pro
hear about it later van halen, westone um2
classical gas mason williams, westone um2
and all the others 3000 songs on my creative!

anytime baby!

Dec 29, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #117 of 180
I bought my first real pair of headphones, Grado SR 60's, after listening to The Cure with "Three imaginary boys". The part where the distorted guitar comes in still sounds fantastic on my Grados.

Dec 29, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #118 of 180
Disco Volante (Sébastien Léger Remix) - Ida Engberg

With the soundstage of the PL750, it sounds amazing
tongue.gif

Dec 31, 2007 at 7:20 AM Post #120 of 180
I'll jump on this because it's pretty awesome.

For me, it was either the Black Strings Mix of Black Lodge by Anthrax or Eruption by Van Halen.

As for my wife, she's never really been into "media" as she calls it. (movies, tv, music, whatever) Although she does enjoy classical music. When i put some of it on my system for her to sit and enjoy, she fell in love. I put on August's Rhaposody from the August Rush Soundtrack and the "l'estate" movement from the Quattro Stagioni as recorded by Concerto Italiano.
smily_headphones1.gif
She now encourages my hobby.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back