What's the most you'd pay for headphones?
May 23, 2003 at 6:53 AM Post #46 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by sonicthewebhog
how can you be happy with your gear when you sell off components every one or two months?

None of it was bad gear, it just had some minor problems, wasn't comfortable, had electrical problems, or somethine new came out and I wanted to try it. I still have some Sony CD3Ks that have survived more than 5 months. I think that si some kind of record. Well, I don't count the three year old Creek OBH-11 that will probably never leave.

When you are in the states for only a couple of weeks to months you have to make decisions and changes whenever you can. If a trip coincides with a need, I have to sell everything else off to get what I want. I can't afford more than one of anything but cheap cans. When the dust settles I will have one amp, set of cans, and source. Everything else will be sold.

May 24, 2003 at 12:54 AM Post #47 of 49
By the end of this year I hope to puchase the sony R-10. My cousin and her husband(he's in navy) are going to be stationed in Japan so I'll probably save some off the 4 grand price.

May 27, 2003 at 10:20 AM Post #48 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by razerx
The RS-1 was $700 and it sound really lively compared to my HD580 but after awhile I couldn't take that brightness and grating pads. I surfed the posts and suspected my X-Cans was to blame so I sprung for an RA-1 after reading reviews that they have this synergy. BullS**t. So now I have settled on the HD600 for $280 and it is exactly the sound I wanted. I guess it really isn't how things cost.

Heheh... you took a different path than the norm around here but that's great you found what you were looking for. So much for synergy, eh?

May 27, 2003 at 6:42 PM Post #49 of 49
Well, the ultimate price is going to scale with my available funds, of which currently there are none. So currently my maximum would be $0, or possibly about $400 (the amount I could receive from selling my current headphones or other part-able goods). When I first came to this site, my spending was unchecked and I'd say that I was probably close to spending 50% of what I set aside for leisure. Seeing as how my leisure activities did not decrease, this is probably a large reason for why I have no current leisure funds.

Great. And now I get to join the ranks of the scores of other unemployed recent college grads. What really sucks is that there are a lot of university jobs that I'd be quite well suited to this summer (before I go abroad), but unfortunately since I am no longer an "official" student they can't hire me. Maybe the local Best Buy is taking apps... *I HATE RETAIL!*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back