What's the most effective way to finally make somebody pay up?
May 7, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #46 of 78
I dunno, I wouldn't let him get away scot-free. You don't want him running around saying how he *****ed you out. There needs to be some sort of payback.

May 7, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #47 of 78
And yet maybe its best to look at the bigger picture and perhaps direct your energy toward finding a new roommate...

... although devious implementations are fun as long as you stay on the right side of the law like a previous poster noted.
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #48 of 78
Since your a head-fi member I'll make you a deal, you fly me out there and I'll get your money back, plus interest, and his bike!

May 8, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #52 of 78
Get some Somali pirates.They will Do All The Work!
normal_smile .gif

May 8, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #53 of 78
$20 and some random junk? You got off easy. Cut your losses and call it a life lesson.

Someone out there owes me $270 + 10 years of interest, so, I'll cry a single tear for your long lost etching of Andrew Jackson.

May 8, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #54 of 78
Little update here. I've been pestering him all day for the $20, and the last promise he gave me before he left for pizza a few hours ago was "I'll give it to you when I come back." Who gets $20 change from a pizza place?

So yeah, big surprise, he comes back and I'm forced to ask him about the money again, in which he says "I'll pay you tomorrow." Screw that, I'm taking action tonight.

Gonna do this a la "The Godfather" with the "Arrested Development" twist. You guys know what I mean.
wink.gif

May 8, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #55 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the last promise he gave me before he left for pizza a few hours ago was "I'll give it to you when I come back." Who gets $20 change from a pizza place?

So yeah, big surprise, he comes back and I'm forced to ask him about the money again

Why did it take him a few hours to get Pizza....??

May 8, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #57 of 78
He is a nice guy, he's just really ignorant about his surroundings, which makes this kind of a conflict to go through with.

Dunno, maybe he walked/took his bike/drove to the pizza place. It's a 15 minute walk to there though.

May 8, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #59 of 78
Nice guy is not an profession and I think he is an ass, cos from what you told us, you are the nice one.
One advice, if you going to do some, don't do on public or anyone see, be smart and don't talk much around, cos thing can get pretty nasty, even the small one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He is a nice guy, he's just really ignorant about his surroundings, which makes this kind of a conflict to go through with.

May 8, 2009 at 9:39 AM Post #60 of 78
Just tell him he is taking the pi** you want your money now and you will walk him to the bank, there is no excuse then?

If he doesn't pay, cut off his finger and blend it in front of him, give him time to address what he just witnessed, tell him the next 8 to go in will still be connected to his hand. leave him 1 to operate the ATM. (Disclaimer: No nice people were harmed during the making of this advice!)
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back