What's the most beautiful city in the USA?
Feb 9, 2003 at 8:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

chadbang

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm thinking about moving back stateside and my options are wide open as to where to relocate. For years people always told me that San Francisco was the most beautiful city in the US, but after spending some time there I didn't fall in love with it (a little further north up the coast towards Bodega Bay, now that was pretty...)

As far as places I've visited or lived, I think Charleston, South Carolina is a quaint city. Anapolis, Maryland was lovely. Bucks County, PA is beautiful. And Provincetown, MA was pretty picturesque.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

(BTW, I just came off of years in NYC, LA, and Bangkok, so I've think I've done enough metropolis gigs and that I've finally realized I really don't like big cities).

Feb 9, 2003 at 8:27 PM Post #2 of 55
Portland, Oregon is pretty nice.

Dallas, Texas at night it pretty nice too.

San Francisco can be either really nice or really crappy, all depends on when u catch the city.

I hear Vancouver, BC is nice too (even if not in the USA...)
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2003 at 8:51 PM Post #3 of 55
Try Bainbridge Island, Washington. A short ferry boat ride from Seattle. A little more crowded then it once was but still beautiful. BTW there are quite a few talented amp builders near by as well.

It is hard finding the perfect spot. What it comes down to is finding a place where you have family and friends and enjoy the area. I have traveled extensively around the United States and I can honestly say that I never found a place that did not have some redeeming qualities. Some more than others.

Feb 9, 2003 at 9:45 PM Post #5 of 55
My two favorite cities are Spokane WA and Boise ID.
Both are somewhat arid Boise more so. I think summer in Spokane is wonderful. Summer in Boise can be hot but it's dry.
Portland OR is okay if you don't mind Oregon's politics and taxes. The whole Seattle area is very pretty, lots of mountains close by and the waterfront.
Another nice town but considerably smaller is Carson City Nevada. Right up against the mountains and all that high desert. The town itself is not all that pretty but there is a lot of history there.

Sumpter Oregon is a nice place. Set in a small valley with towering peaks all around. All those gravel piles from the gold dredging of the creek in the 1800's. In fact one of the old dredges is still there as an historical attraction. Population is around 400 now I think. Or. drive up the road another 20 miles and you will find Granite. I lived there one summer in the 70's. Population less than 100.
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2003 at 9:48 PM Post #6 of 55
Bangor, Maine.

Cape Elizabeth, Maine. If you can afford it. It's the most expensive place to live in Maine. But if you have the money rolling in a nice beatifull house by the beach would be a hell of a place to start a family or to just unwind from the pressures of the day.

Feb 9, 2003 at 10:14 PM Post #8 of 55
Detroit, MI...no doubt about it. It has such an antique, distressed look about it.
biggrin.gif

In all seriousness, Harbor Springs, MI...reminds me of Cape Cod, only not so over-developed.

Feb 10, 2003 at 12:32 AM Post #12 of 55
Pretty much any place in southern maine(haven't visited northern yet).

Oh, Santa Fe, NM is nice as well.

Out of the big cities, I really like boston.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back