Whats the limits of what you would eat?
Feb 23, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #31 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, they are a little less pleasant when the bones and beaks have developed. They are meant to be ate whole, I believe it's a Taiwanese delicacy. I'll stick with the squid-flavored crackers, thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

They're more of Filipino or Vietnamese delicacy rather than Taiwanese.

Feb 24, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #32 of 42
I draw the line at insects and things that move on the plate. Anything else may be fair game. If any of you watch that guy, Andew Zimmern, on the Food Network, you will see many things that the normal American would not eat. He, of course, is far from normal. I would consider trying some of the foods he has eaten.

Feb 24, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #33 of 42
I also would not eat this:

bananadream.gif

Deathly afraid of the yellow no. 5.

Feb 24, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by breakfastchef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I draw the line at insects and things that move on the plate. Anything else may be fair game. If any of you watch that guy, Andew Zimmern, on the Food Network, you will see many things that the normal American would not eat. He, of course, is far from normal. I would consider trying some of the foods he has eaten.

He can't eat durian
tongue.gif
Anthony Bourdain love it though.

Feb 24, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #35 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cow vagina

You've never had a hotdog?

Feb 24, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #37 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by xzjia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
never eat something that fights back

That's why you kill it first.

Feb 24, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #38 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's why you kill it first.

well, many "delicacies" are creatures that are still alive... like those fat worms that still wiggles

Feb 24, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #39 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by xzjia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, many "delicacies" are creatures that are still alive... like those fat worms that still wiggles

I'd still kill em before they got in my mouth.

Feb 24, 2008 at 7:27 AM Post #42 of 42
A co-worker invited me over for dinner on Friday after work. I went over and they were serving cow brains. I never imagined I would ever eat anything like that before. I thought I would be polite and at least try one bite.

To this day, the thought of the texture and the flavor still grosses me out.
His wife said, if she would have known that all I was going to eat was one bite, then she would have made something else.

I have mixed feelings about this, because part of it is about trying new things. And at least I have experienced eating cow brains, but it is an experience that was a little unsettling and my stomach churns when I think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back