Whats the largest IEM foam sleeves you can get?
Oct 18, 2007 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Nuwidol

1000+ Head-Fier
I seem to have some big ear canals that don't accommodate my IEMs very well.

I was using the large Shure olives but after Warrior05 was kind enough to send me a free pair of foamies he got with his Atrios i've realised that i need some big block of foam to fill my ear. I get a much better seal with these & the bass almost doubles in quantity because of it.

I've been hunting eBay for some foams but without knowing how big they are I don't really wanna buy them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Oct 18, 2007 at 2:05 PM Post #2 of 7
Etymotics foamies are larger than Comply

Oct 18, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #3 of 7
the etyomotic yellow foamies are HUGE -- they make the standard ety grey ones look tiny. i believe they fit on most shures.

having said that, the yellow foamies transformed my listening experience -- i have gotten much more bass than i thought possible.

Oct 18, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #4 of 7
Yeah, the Ety large 14C-S, 18mm DIA, size of a dime. If u need anything bigger than these, yer f... alien!

Oct 18, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #5 of 7
Nuwidol -- what about ordering more Future Sonics foamies? I realize they don't last as long as some others, though. I hope you get a supply of foamies to maximize your listening enjoyment.

I didn't know Ety made larger foams ... they sound huge!

Oct 18, 2007 at 6:02 PM Post #6 of 7
Here come the monsters:
foamies.jpg

Not that I ever wore them - Headroom shows these discontinued and I'll keep them as a relic.

Oct 18, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #7 of 7
Cheers peeps.

Ordered some large Etys from eBay.

The reason i didn't order any more Future Sonics is because i can slide these in without even compressing them. I thought that if these gave me that much of a better sound without actually being big enough still then i still must be missing out on something.

I've been on a bit of a SE530 bashing spree for a while & maybe i can turn that around...
smily_headphones1.gif

Those look huge tygger! Thanks for the pic.

Its weird cos the large Shure olives look bigger in diameter than the Future Sonics...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back