What's the defference of 2 HD600 in Amazon?
Jun 26, 2008 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

alxwang

100+ Head-Fier
Jun 26, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #2 of 13
If it were me, I would spend nine dollars more for the new ones. Don't know that there would be any big difference between the two but why take a chance to save nine dollars. Now if it were fifty or sixty dollars cheaper, I would buy the remanufactured.

Jun 26, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #3 of 13
The remanufactured one was returned. Could have been the owner didn't like them or possibly something was wrong with it and it was replaced.

I take the opposite view of refurbished gear - I think it is better than new products. If you look at the accounting side of things, dealing with a return is very expensive for a manufacturer. If you don't repair something well, it comes back again and again. The more times it comes back, the more expensive it gets. Believe it or not, but accounting usually pressures the repair division to make sure a return never comes back. So, in addition to being repaired, the item is usually thoroughly tested to make sure nothing will go wrong.

On the other hand, new gear is lightly tested, if at all, before going out. So a refurb actually has been tested more and is more likely to work well. And since it isn't new, it has to be sold for less.

That's why I'll always buy a refurbished product over a new one. They've always worked well for me.

Jun 26, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #4 of 13
Good point Erik. I don't mind refurbbed, as long as it's covered by the original warranty.

Jun 26, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #5 of 13
I agree. One of the few electronics I wouldn't buy refurbished would be storage (hard drives, flash memory, RAM).

Jun 26, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree. One of the few electronics I wouldn't buy refurbished would be storage (hard drives, flash memory, RAM).

Just up, $50 rebate for new Sennheiser HD600 from Authorized Sennheiser USA dealers, with return of any old, broke, headphone, earbud. Great deal.

Jun 26, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #7 of 13
Where can I find the detail about this rebate?
Quote:

Originally Posted by inthecup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just up, $50 rebate for new Sennheiser HD600 from Authorized Sennheiser USA dealers, with return of any old, broke, headphone, earbud. Great deal.

Jun 26, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i wouldn't buy any refurbished electronics, CPU has probably been overclocked, bad application of thermal paste/heatsink (since when do you get refurbed CPU's anyways?),

RAM isn't storage and actually i'd say that's probably ok, but testing ram is too expensive, so they don't do it anwyays. So you might as well buy new.

ok you get the point, but honestly there are no refurbished PC parts, it's way too expensive to ship back to taiwan, so it's either plain returns or the guy was an idiot. So might as well go new and get no scratches (if you know what I mean.)

For headphones, I would go new, but people have a point, although some people like me - when they get a defective problem with a brand new product, I just claim i don't want it anymore, and go straight to the other shop (or the same one) and buy exactly the same one. again. Buyers are allowed to do that, no one does any testing, and so you get to walk out with a brand new one no questions asked. Done it many times especially in places like PC world.

SOme of you might think it's bad, but I don't want to RMA stuff when i can just walk out with a brand new one easily. And if they don't test their returns, then it's a crap company and they should go out of business.

Jun 27, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonCon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know if Amazon is an authorized Senn dealer? I would assume this is a yes but it's not obvious looking at Amazon and Sennheiser's site.

Thanks!

Depends...do you mean Amazon themselves, or dealers on there? I doubt Amazon are, and many of the sellers are not as well. Careful, you can easily get screwed...DO NOT BUY from sarjo_distributions (here's my saga with them)! If you want a great deal on Senns from an online retailer that is authorized (hence full warranty coverage), try J&R. J&R: Electronics, Digital Cameras, Computers, Appliances, Software, Video Games, DVDs, CDs . The price listed isn't always the "final price. Add the item to your cart, or if they have an "email me the price" link, click it. I got HD650's from them for $329 w/ no shipping.

Jun 27, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depends...do you mean Amazon themselves, or dealers on there? I doubt Amazon are, and many of the sellers are not as well. Careful, you can easily get screwed...DO NOT BUY from sarjo_distributions! If you want a great deal on Senns from an online retailer that is authorized (hence full warranty coverage), try J&R. J&R: Electronics, Digital Cameras, Computers, Appliances, Software, Video Games, DVDs, CDs . The price listed isn't always the "final price. Add the item to your cart, or if they have an "email me the price" link, click it. I got HD650's from them for $329 w/ no shipping.

Thanks for the reply and caveat regarding some of the order fulfillment on Amazon's site. The "direct from AMZN" price is very good, I had a few gift certificates and ordered, will try the mail in rebate from Senn, worst case is I'm out a $2 set of old headphones + postage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back