Whats the deal with skullcandy?
Aug 15, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skullcandy is nothing to write home about sound wise, but they have probably done a few things right which mean they are quite popular among teenagers.
* Design. Colorful and probably modern looks.
* Marketing.
* Availability. They can be bought in almost any record stores around here.

Not for me!

Agreed, I was going to say the same thing. Also price point. Look at people when you tell them you spent $xxx.xx or more on a set of headphones, iems, amp, whatever else.

Aug 15, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #17 of 20
As regards skullcandy pricepoint (I'm a UK resident) they have increased their prices markedly over the last few years. I paid under £30 in Autumn 2007 for GI's and which now retails closer to £50 and is above that on the high street.

Admittedly there has been some changes in design along the way but changing the bottle opener holder in the headband from velcro to a zipper shouldnt cost that much.

You're friend will probably learn that vibrators and headphones don't mix given time, if you want to speed that along, mention you saw your friend's mam wearing the headphones.
But not on her head....
tongue.gif

Aug 15, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #18 of 20
Aug 16, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #20 of 20
perhaps if more companies called themselves cool names with skulls plastered on them, that kids might pick them up too. Its definately a status symbol, cooless factor, something that shows i am not the norm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back