whats the best hi capacity flash player avaliable?
Jan 19, 2008 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

xenochimera

100+ Head-Fier
i think i might get rid of my zune and get a flash player. zune is awesome but the battery life is abysmal at best, just wondering what i should be looking out for. i prefer something with 16gigs, is the ipod touch my only option?

Jan 19, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #3 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by chongy5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cowon iAudio 7 comes in 16GB capacities as far as I remember.

That's what I was going to recommend because my 8GB i7 sounds excellent with ER4. It's small so it doesn't have a big fancy screen but for small size and great SQ it will be hard to beat.

Jan 19, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #4 of 32
I'm happy with my 16 GB iAudio 7. Only two complaints: slow loading speed (on USB 1.1 level) and touch controls -- I'd prefer an ordinary joystick à la U2/U3. Everything else is great: very good sound quality, high output power, customizable EQ presets (semi-parametric)...

Jan 19, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #6 of 32
16GB flash players with video...hmm...there aren't that many yet. The ipod touch or the creative zen I think. Of course you can always just get an 8GB card with one of the 8GB players that take SDHC cards.

Jan 20, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #9 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockbottom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
16GB flash players with video...hmm...there aren't that many yet. The ipod touch or the creative zen I think. Of course you can always just get an 8GB card with one of the 8GB players that take SDHC cards.

I'd recommend this option too. Look at the Cowon D2. I'm not in the market for a new player yet, but I want to replace my iPod with a flash based player and the D2 is the one I would buy if I did it today.

Why limit yourself to only 16G? Especially since you asked about watching movies, I'd go with one that takes SD cards. You can carry a card with movies and one with music and still have 8G on the device!

After a 30g iPod, I thought I wanted more space then 8G, but that is already a ton of space. Even if you're carrying FLACs and movies around. Then add the option to use an SD card, and it should satisfy any need.

Jan 20, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #10 of 32
The 32gb Creative Zen also has an SDHC expansion slot. It's not too far down the road that a 32gb card will be reasonably priced & then you'd be up to 64gb...not bad for flash (within the year). It also has a beautiful 16 million color screen for videos.

Jan 20, 2008 at 11:45 AM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by impressive /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think zune 80GB is a good option...
and yes iPod 160GB is also a good option..

Have you read to OP's requirement
rolleyes.gif
?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back