Whats the best choice after a PX100?
Sep 18, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Px 100 are better than anything currently from Senn, except for HD 600\650\800.

Don't forget Sennheiser IE8. I suppose IEMs may not be what the OP is looking for but these are very much better than the PX100.

Sep 19, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Px 100 are better than anything currently from Senn, except for HD 600\650\800.

not true. so not true

Sep 19, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #23 of 26
Used HD595, thats the logical progression. You'll be pleased with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triangles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm seeing the ones that have been posted so far. They all look promising.

For this next headphone I'm looking for a better sound, not necessarily portable. That's also the reason I'm buying an amp; since the size is only secondary to the sound.

And btw, my price range is up to U$150, so anything on the level of a HD500 is not only out of my reach as it would make impossible to buy a amp at the same time.

No need for an amp with HD595, and they can be had for under $150 easily.

Sep 20, 2009 at 12:43 PM Post #26 of 26
I'd second the MS-1 if Alessandro were a bit more consistent with delivery. The last pair I bought for a competition winner (fakeheadphones.com) took nearly 3 months, and many broken promises from Alessandro about shipping!

I'd second the HD238 had I not just modded my Ultrasone iCans, which are far, far more detailed and revealing than the HD238. The HD238 really do sound like mud in comparison with modded iCans. I can't wait to try the Zino's.

The HD238's are good unamped, but not good at 'banging' bass. Give them a good bassline, and I can hear the diaphragms cracking.

If you can find a pair of HD595's then I'd say go for it. I'd also say if you can find a pair of HD25-1's going cheap, then go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back