What's the best case for a 20gb Ipod?
Dec 29, 2004 at 4:48 AM Post #16 of 24
Pawa Sapo recently introduced the Crystal Jacket (for iPod) to North American buyers after the largely successful Crystal Jacket for iPod mini. The Agent 18 case is a very good option however it does not include protection for the click-wheel. I do prefer the Crystal Jacket over silicon cases because it does not have a tacky texture which can bind with clothing garments/ pockets. Pawa Sapo products are outstanding.

Dec 29, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by iDesign
Pawa Sapo recently introduced the Crystal Jacket (for iPod) to North American buyers after the largely successful Crystal Jacket for iPod mini. The Agent 18 case is a very good option however it does not include protection for the click-wheel. I do prefer the Crystal Jacket over silicon cases because it does not have a tacky texture which can bind with clothing garments/ pockets. Pawa Sapo products are outstanding.

The Crystal jacket is less expensive than the silicone too. I think I'm going to buy that one.

Dec 31, 2004 at 6:26 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by duff138
thanks i went with the agent 18, because I ordered the pocket dock and the reviewer said that the pocket deck would not work with the crystal jacket.

Hmm... been reading, and I'm wondering what case people here use? Those who use it with a Pocket Dock, or SIK that is.

Isn't it true people who use the PocketDock are experiencing hissing problems with the line out? Hmmmmm........

Dec 31, 2004 at 6:35 AM Post #22 of 24
I use the PocketDock with the RadTech PodSleevz*, and it fits fine, no problem. There is no hissing whatsoever that I can detect.

*A very minimal, but still useful, case. There's a link in my earlier post.

Dec 31, 2004 at 6:53 AM Post #23 of 24
There has been a great deal of discussion about the PocketDock and the SiK din. It seems that the Sik product is more popular than the PocketDock among headfi.com users because of its improved line level audio output connector. However, I feel that the PocketDock takes a much cleaner design approach as it does not have the fixed dual 7 inch cables found on the Sik din.

Dec 31, 2004 at 3:28 PM Post #24 of 24
After getting my 4G 20GB Ipod about 2 months ago, I use a PocketDock with a Contour case. The case is built like a tank and has good padding while offering a plastic (vs metal non-shock absorbing) shell. I did have to take a dremel tool and a burr to slightly enlarge the opening for the PocketDock. I'm far from a DIY'er, but it took every bit of 20 seconds.

I'll use the PC II from the group buy with some Sharp 33's from Audiocubes. Line out works very well with my small Stax 005 rig, although I do only use lossless until I can research a smaller file compromise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back