What's the best case for a 20gb Ipod?
Dec 28, 2004 at 10:31 PM Post #2 of 24
well it depends on what kind you want. Vaja makes the best luxury leather cases, iSkin makes very good silicone cases, and Incase makes stylish clip/belt case.

personally, i have both a iSkin and a Incase.

Dec 28, 2004 at 10:51 PM Post #3 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
well it depends on what kind you want. Vaja makes the best luxury leather cases, iSkin makes very good silicone cases, and Incase makes stylish clip/belt case.

personally, i have both a iSkin and a Incase.

I am curious also.

Are there any waterproof cases?

Dec 29, 2004 at 12:09 AM Post #4 of 24
there probably are, and a google or ipodlounge search will probably help you find one. but it'll probably be a pain to get access to the iPod.

Dec 29, 2004 at 12:22 AM Post #5 of 24
I have two cases that I like very much and use for different purposes.

The XtremeMac black leather case (about $30) is my general-purpose, belt-clippable, protective case. That's where I keep it most of the time, and when I'm tossing the iPod into a briefcase, etc.

When I want minimum size and weight - when I'm going to carry it in a jacket pocket or something - I use a RadTech PodSleevz (about $20) ultra-thin case. It protects against scrapes and scratches, and provides a better grip than a naked iPod.

I recommend either one, or both. However be aware that the cutout in the bottom of the XtremeMac leather case is not big enough for a SendStation PocketDock.

Dec 29, 2004 at 1:04 AM Post #9 of 24
As an idolator of perfect workmanship/ design I believe that the PowaSapo name and its products will soon be synonymous with great design. With its Muji-like design approach I hope that all users of the site and many others embrace the companies commitment to quality and simplicity. Pawa Sapo's silicone jacket does not have any poorly designed dock openings like those found on iSkin or Speck Products. Additionally Pawa Sapo includes click-wheel and screen protection -- two features that are seldom found on other poplar cases.

Dec 29, 2004 at 2:24 AM Post #10 of 24
Actually I don't like any of the cases. They add too much bulk to the unit, but at the same time I recognize that they look trashy after a while without protection. I have a bunch of silicon skin type cases that I rotate depending on the color I feel like using that day. I think the most important thing is screen protection, so I got the JAVOedge screen protector, and it works really well.
http://www.javoedge.com/simtrix/prod...pleiPod4th.jsp

They also have a click wheel protector, which is really helpful. Unfortunately, as useful as the product is, I think it's grossly overpriced.

Dec 29, 2004 at 3:14 AM Post #12 of 24
I picked up the Agent18 ClickShield Hard Case for my first iPod after scouring through various forums on what case to get. I heard about it on the ipodlounge forum and their website can be found on:
http://www.agent18.com/main.html

They are not set-up to take orders yet but their products are available at the Apple Store for $24.95 for the 4G-20GB version. They have cases for the other iPods as well (but not sure about the 3G and below iPods).

Just do a search on "agent18" at the ipodlounge forum to see more pics and various reviews regarding this highly-recommended case.

Dec 29, 2004 at 3:39 AM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by burndtjamb
I picked up the Agent18 ClickShield Hard Case for my first iPod after scouring through various forums on what case to get. I heard about it on the ipodlounge forum and their website can be found on:
http://www.agent18.com/main.html

They are not set-up to take orders yet but their products are available at the Apple Store for $24.95 for the 4G-20GB version. They have cases for the other iPods as well (but not sure about the 3G and below iPods).

Just do a search on "agent18" at the ipodlounge forum to see more pics and various reviews regarding this highly-recommended case.

I was just going to recommend that case too ...
wink.gif

Here are some pics I took:

a182-800.jpg

a183-800.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back