whats so good about beats headphones?
Jul 16, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #76 of 106
Here's another thing I don't understand that I see in comments all over the net. Comparing the Beats Solo2 (or any Beats portables) to the ATH-M50's (or newer M50x). This makes zero sense to me, I have the M50x and love them but they're intended to be studio monitors. Of course you can use them for just listening to music, but here are a couple of things to point out in comparing the two:

1. ATH-M50x are over ear monitors that come with 3 cables, none of which includes a smart phone cable.

2. Beats Solo2 are on ear portables that come with ONE cable and that cable includes a built in smart phone control/remote.

This reviewers "battle" video would have made more sense if he compared the AT's to the Beats Studios, but then again this is the interwebs lol.
confused.gif

Jul 16, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #78 of 106
  Here's another thing I don't understand that I see in comments all over the net. Comparing the Beats Solo2 (or any Beats portables) to the ATH-M50's (or newer M50x). This makes zero sense to me, I have the M50x and love them but they're intended to be studio monitors. Of course you can use them for just listening to music, but here are a couple of things to point out in comparing the two:

1. ATH-M50x are over ear monitors that come with 3 cables, none of which includes a smart phone cable.

2. Beats Solo2 are on ear portables that come with ONE cable and that cable includes a built in smart phone control/remote.

This reviewers "battle" video would have made more sense if he compared the AT's to the Beats Studios, but then again this is the interwebs lol.
confused.gif

It's likely they're being compared since they are roughly in the same price range.

Aug 11, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #80 of 106
i’ve used beats pro for a while now. and i like it. i can see why i bought it, for the bass and thump. people say that beats are bad because they have too much bass. but that is exactly why i bought it, because it’s the only headphones that were on display that had the best and most bass.

and sound quality is not too bad either, enough fidelity and quality.

i am still open to try other headphones such as sennheiser 25 and shure es215 or vsonic gr07 out of curiousity.

Aug 12, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #81 of 106
Those headphones won't impress you if your a bass-head. You'll end up being very underwhelmed. Try the Ultrasone Pro 900's. They are a little more expensive than the beats pro but go lower used on headfi. And might I also suggest the V-moda M100's which are cheaper; I've heard great things about them. The JVC FX700's are going to be way better than the vsonic gro7's and shure se215's in terms of bass and on-par or slightly better in clarity than the gro7's. I hear the FXZ200's are bass monsters though!!! But if you do have a chance to audition high-end bass headphones, try the Denon D7000, Ultrasone Signature DJ's, Ultrasone Edition 8's, or JVC DX1000's.
Cheers.

Aug 12, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #82 of 106
i’ve used beats pro for a while now. and i like it. i can see why i bought it, for the bass and thump. people say that beats are bad because they have too much bass. but that is exactly why i bought it, because it’s the only headphones that were on display that had the best and most bass.

and sound quality is not too bad either, enough fidelity and quality.

i am still open to try other headphones such as sennheiser 25 and shure es215 or vsonic gr07 out of curiousity.

I've the Monster Beats Pro Detox and they are a great 40mm driver basshead headphone with a build quality that puts even summit-fi headphones to shame :D

For a comprehensive up to date list of the best current bass headphones around - check below:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club/1530#post_10765351

the following page lists basshead headcans currently recommended too.

:wink:

Aug 13, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #83 of 106
I've the Monster Beats Pro Detox and they are a great 40mm driver basshead headphone with a build quality that puts even summit-fi headphones to shame :D

For a comprehensive up to date list of the best current bass headphones around - check below:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club/1530#post_10765351

the following page lists basshead headcans currently recommended too.

:wink:

To be fair, the UE6000 easily compete in sound and build quality. :|

Edit: and they cost $60 as opposed to $449 or whatever detox are going for.

Aug 13, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #84 of 106
Also, took a little time to read some amazon reviews of the detox, a couple stood out, one saying they literally produce best sound that money can buy.

I had a chuckle at that, and a few more just saying mostly how having an all black headphone stands out, and is worth the extra money. (Over the pro version).

Like, I'm not a huge proponent of the ath-m50(x), but I mean c'mon, if you just wanted black headphones, they're a pretty obvious choice.

Aug 13, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #85 of 106
Also, took a little time to read some amazon reviews of the detox, a couple stood out, one saying they literally produce best sound that money can buy.

I had a chuckle at that, and a few more just saying mostly how having an all black headphone stands out, and is worth the extra money. (Over the pro version).

Like, I'm not a huge proponent of the ath-m50(x), but I mean c'mon, if you just wanted black headphones, they're a pretty obvious choice.

The ATH-M50 are very good value for money for sure - I own the ltd edition red model of those in addition to the Detox, and out of the two, I always find myself reaching for my Detox TBH.

A reviewer at headfonia commented that the Beats Pro were to him the M50 done right, he even remarked the Pro could be thought of as the unofficial M60 - lol :D

Are the Pro overpriced compared to the M50? Of course, but if you can happily afford them and prefer them over the M50, well then I guess they are worth it - well for me they are anyway :wink:

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #86 of 106
The ATH-M50 are very good value for money for sure - I own the ltd edition red model of those in addition to the Detox, and out of the two, I always find myself reaching for my Detox TBH.

A reviewer at headfonia commented that the Beats Pro were to him the M50 done right, he even remarked the Pro could be thought of as the unofficial M60 - lol
biggrin.gif

Are the Pro overpriced compared to the M50? Of course, but if you can happily afford them and prefer them over the M50, well then I guess they are worth it - well for me they are anyway
wink.gif

Oh and read this on the description of the Beats Pro:

Because all of the major studies and high-end headphones use aluminum padding on their walls and interior.

LOL

edit: oh and beats pro come in black now. I assume that means the DeTox are discontinued.

Sep 18, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #87 of 106
I'm going to ignore all the replies and answer the OP:

The good thing about beats headphones is that they come in orange.  This has not been enough to make me buy a pair...

Sep 19, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #88 of 106
op here. i am still not decided if i like beats pro headphones or not. when i bought them i knew nothing about beats or sound quality or that people don't like beats or whatever. i was simply looking for good bass headphones or earhones. and beats pro had the best bass. so i just bought them. just did not want to bother with suposedly bass earphones cause you can't listen to them and after jvc fx3x was absolutely no bass.

i was listening to beats pro, used different eq settings but they still sound best out of the box without any changes. might get bass amp as well to add more bass.
what is clear is that beats pro really are uncomfortable for long use. like an hour or more. but for a listen they are good.

just to make it clear i am not so good at sound and i don't understand much about sound as most of you here. but after using different headphones and earphones i have beats pro sound the best of all headphones and earphones i have. even beats tour i thought were better in sound actually now i think beats pro has better sound.

obviously not everyone is going to buy the beats pro they are not exactly good price.

sometimes they hurt my ears if i use them for long time. at first i thought there were screaming too much but now i got used to it and that makes voices sound really good. but regardless eq does not make them sound better. they sound best without eq. but also i have not had many headphones to tell or compare them to many headphones. but i want to buy some other onse that people say are good. but not sure when i buy them.

you kind of need time with earphones before you understand what sounds good especially for beginers like me. but i knew exactly what i bought them for. they had the best sound out of all headphones on display. so i can't say i don't understand anything about headphones but i do understand what sounds good to me. but i have not listened to all headphones and earphones to say much. just make opinions on what i have. cheers

Sep 21, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #89 of 106
Beats marketing always cracks me up. Granted, their job is to convince ("con"?) people into buying, although I can't help but wonder if the marketing people writing it are being subtlety cynical or if they really just have no clue what they're writing about.

I would have normally instantly defaulted to the latter, until I read about the hilarious and "breathtaking" Pepsi logo remake. http://gawker.com/5150582/breathtaking-document-reveals-pepsis-logo-is-pinnacle-of-entire-universe

Oh Beats, you so funny.

And yes, my $75 UE6000's have everything that Beats Pro's have to offer (including design, style and quality build), AND produce a better sound (far better low end balance including the missing deep bass from Beats Pro, and significantly better mids and highs - although still a bit of a V curve.).

Sep 21, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #90 of 106
you wonldn't know until you listen to them. i really can't rely on other people's ears. other people don't know what sounds good to me. may be you listen to weird music that i don't find enjoyable. i do want to buy some earphones but not decided which ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back