Whats Should be the next evolution.
Mar 8, 2018 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

chef8489

Headphoneus Supremus
This is a pretty broad question and fits in several categories, but here it goes. My current setup sounds pretty amazing especially for the price and will be hard to beat. So what would the next evolution be in your mind? My current setup is pc out either spdif or usb to Modi2 multibit to Vali 2 then out to my Audeze LCD2 Classic. Say I wanted a dedicated separate setup other than this one. WHat do you guys think the next step would be?

Mar 9, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #2 of 4
This is a pretty broad question and fits in several categories, but here it goes. My current setup sounds pretty amazing especially for the price and will be hard to beat. So what would the next evolution be in your mind? My current setup is pc out either spdif or usb to Modi2 multibit to Vali 2 then out to my Audeze LCD2 Classic. Say I wanted a dedicated separate setup other than this one. WHat do you guys think the next step would be?
Kind of hard to say bro as it’s so so subjective. What sticks out to me from what you wrote is you think your system sounds pretty amazing, especially for the price and it’ll be hard to beat. So why even think about upgrading if you’re that happy with it? I’d stay with what you have and maybe look into another headphone to compliment your LCD2 and source gear.

Mar 9, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #3 of 4
Kind of hard to say bro as it’s so so subjective. What sticks out to me from what you wrote is you think your system sounds pretty amazing, especially for the price and it’ll be hard to beat. So why even think about upgrading if you’re that happy with it? I’d stay with what you have and maybe look into another headphone to compliment your LCD2 and source gear.
I have been at this hobby for quite some time but mostly focused on portable audio. Within the past several years i have been able to expand into full sized cans far more and starting to explor desktop setups. I guess we are always in search for the ultumate sound to us or the next level.

Mar 9, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #4 of 4
I have been at this hobby for quite some time but mostly focused on portable audio. Within the past several years i have been able to expand into full sized cans far more and starting to explor desktop setups. I guess we are always in search for the ultumate sound to us or the next level.
I totally agree. You’ve been this hobby far longer then I have so I salute you!
I, like you, and very happy with my current set-up knowing I can upgrade till my hearts content, but I’m good. I’m happy with tubes as it tweeks the sound enough that it almost seems like you have different gear.
Someone else will have to chime in but your next logical step to me if staying in the Schiit family would to upgrade to Gumby and Yiggy. That’s what I’s do and will if I decide to do anything else other then a TOTL HP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back