Whats On Everyone's X-mas List?
Nov 23, 2006 at 5:30 AM Post #106 of 119
i can't think of anything either.
blink.gif
maybe just good health and a prosperous 2007.

Nov 23, 2006 at 6:09 AM Post #108 of 119
I bought my self X-mas gift/gifts way~~~~~~before X-mas

include a HD-595, X-FI, Headfive, and also signal cable interconnect

(my parents are gonna kill me if they find out about this... currently living in college)
600smile.gif

Nov 23, 2006 at 8:50 AM Post #110 of 119
J.A. Michell GyroDec.

I usually buy myself something for Christmas. This has caught my eye in a big sort of way, and I've been itching to get into vinyl.

Nov 23, 2006 at 9:14 AM Post #111 of 119
I got a Ray Samuels Hornet (to go with the iPod 80G and the K701) and an Epson R-D1 (tried the Leica M8, an entire column of dead pixels and unusable indoors at night).

Memo to self: stop being so materialistic...

Nov 23, 2006 at 2:19 PM Post #113 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by majid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a Ray Samuels Hornet (to go with the iPod 80G and the K701) and an Epson R-D1 (tried the Leica M8, an entire column of dead pixels and unusable indoors at night).

Memo to self: stop being so materialistic...

Nothing wrong with having nice things as long as they're not the only thing to make you happy. (Also, a problem with a Leica M8? Unheard of!
tongue.gif
)

Nov 23, 2006 at 2:31 PM Post #114 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nada. Just waiting for the 2006 Christmas Gift Exchange to start.
wink.gif

Actually going to sell off a fair number of components early next year. Team Downgraditis!
biggrin.gif

Same here.

Though I could use some filters and a extra lens for my camera.
biggrin.gif

Some music would be cool.
And a dac.
Some more music.
And Darth Beyers.
And more music.
Another K-340.
Even more music.
.. music?

Nov 23, 2006 at 3:36 PM Post #115 of 119
Hoping that the Larocco ISA Diablo I ordered arrives in time for XMas. Last year's XMas present was the wonderful Meier Corda Aria, and I was so happy it made it in time to be opened on XMas day. Maybe I'll get lucky again
600smile.gif

Nov 23, 2006 at 4:38 PM Post #116 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
J.A. Michell GyroDec.

I usually buy myself something for Christmas. This has caught my eye in a big sort of way, and I've been itching to get into vinyl.

AWESOME rig. What arm and cart are you going for? I use an SME V and a Koetsu Black. I believe Rob N also uses a Gyro. Mine has the Orbe platter, and although I've never heard the Gyrodec without it, I've read numerous times that it may work out to be a substantial upgrade (so much so that it is less than 5% off of the performance of the Orbe). Others have remarked that the sound is not as airy and PRaT suffers. I can't say, but I am pleased with my sound.

Nov 23, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #118 of 119
on my tentative audio wishlist:

Total Bithead (for my tibook mostly)
(my tibook has a lot less noisy headphone jack than most laptops I've tried out, but there's still a bit of noise there. I wonder if I should go for this, as ridding myself of a bit of noise that can only be heard in the quietest parts of a tune (or when nothing's playing) might not be worth it. I also wonder how much my easy-to-drive E4 will benefit from the headphone amp half of the total bithead - I certainly enjoy what I'm hearing now... )

Senn HD650
(this one's also a question mark. IEM claustrophobia had me lusting for this pair of cans. Headroom's got a good deal on them, and by getting them I figure I'll skip a lot of upgraditis (at least can-side). A few things give me pause though. Firstly, the word on the street is that I'll need a good amp to drive the hd650; if I go with both the hd650 and the total bithead, the pecuniary gods will frown upon me. Secondly, by jumping all those rungs on the headphone ladder, I might just land way ahead of the point my ears (and my sources) are at. The E4 has yet more secrets to reveal. I've had them for almost a year now. For the better part of that time I've used the triple flange sleeves, but just today I was fidgeting with the foamies and soft flex sleeves, and liked what I heard.)

Music!
My 80's section just got Duran Duran's Wedding Album and Depeche Mode's Singles '81-'85... for classical I'm thinking some Mozart, Saint-Saens, Brahms... electronica - I think Prodigy's got a new album out, Chemical Bros... Some Oasis, Vertical Horizon and Savage Garden might round out my 90's section. And I might re-encode everything in MP3 VBR...

Head-related transform function software
I'd be really cool to run across some hrtf software that does what the AKG Hearo 999 does in software (take 5.1 surround and encode it with hrtf's to simulate the surround effect through headphones)... AKG had a download available, but it seems like it's history...

Nov 23, 2006 at 5:27 PM Post #119 of 119
Tubes & Cables
k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back