What's Next???
Dec 17, 2015 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Bighappy

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for a bit of advice if you don't mind?

Currently I have a set of Oppo PM 3's paired with the HA-2 for portable use. 

I have a set of HD650's for home paired with a JDS Element.

I'm trying to decide what is next...I'm thinking either a higher end pair of closed backs for home when the Wife doesn't want to hear :wink: I do like larger ear cups...not afraid of what they'll look like since they'll be for home use...Any help would be great! I've also thought about a Chord Mojo? Would it make that much of a difference from my HA-2 or Element? Sorry...I'm a bit new to all of this still but would love your thoughts...I really enjoy my HD650's and PM3's for portable use but would like a better set of Closed backs...Thanks an advance for any help...Trav!

Dec 17, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #2 of 8
What kind of budget are you looking at, and what kind of sound signature are you looking for?  If you'd like something somewhat neutral, you may even want to consider selling all of that gear and getting a MrSpeakers Ether C and maybe the Chord Mojo.

Dec 17, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #3 of 8
  What kind of budget are you looking at, and what kind of sound signature are you looking for?  If you'd like something somewhat neutral, you may even want to consider selling all of that gear and getting a MrSpeakers Ether C and maybe the Chord Mojo.

Thanks Rhamnetin for the reply...I should have included a little more info...I really enjoy the signature of my 650's...The tad extra bass they provide is really nice...Would the Ether C's have a similar signature?...Would the Mojo provide enough umph for home use as well? Thanks for the help...I can sell some stuff here and there and make up the difference so budget isn't too big of an issue...Thanks!

Dec 17, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #4 of 8
I have no experience with the Ether or Ether C, but they're known for being neutral although with an engaging mid range.  So it won't have the treble roll off of the HD 650.  The Ether C is easy to drive (low impedance, pretty high sensitivity) so it should sound good out of the Mojo even if it won't be at its best.

Dec 17, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #6 of 8
  I have no experience with the Ether or Ether C, but they're known for being neutral although with an engaging mid range.  So it won't have the treble roll off of the HD 650.  The Ether C is easy to drive (low impedance, pretty high sensitivity) so it should sound good out of the Mojo even if it won't be at its best.

What do you think about the Shure SRH1540's? Just reading it seems like these really might fit the bill? Thanks for your input!

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #7 of 8

What do you think about the Shure SRH1540's? Just reading it seems like these really might fit the bill? Thanks for your input!

I think I really need some experience with Shure.  So far they're one of few brands I have no experience with.  
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back