whats is the best sounding hard-drive mp3 player?
Oct 21, 2001 at 8:34 PM Post #16 of 18
You either like MP3 or your don't. With my Sony CD3000 headphones and Corda amp, I can not tell a difference between a 192 bitrate file and the CD.

It is very hard to compare a MP3 to a CD if you are playing it on different devices. If you really want to test the MP3 format, try this.

Take a track off one of your CDs and rip it to raw wav. Then convert this WAV to different mp3 bitrates (use LAME which is a high quality encoder). After you have all your mp3 bitrates, convert them back to WAV and then burn them onto a CD along with the RAW WAV file you converted from.

This will allow you to play the CD back on one source and see if the MP3 format changed how the orignal sounded.

btw, the arm in the picture is mine. It really is not that big but I had to hold it at a wierd angle to take the picture
smily_headphones1.gif

MD is very nice and the quality is awesome. I have a MD player that I use to record with a binaural microphone that looks like a pair of headphones from the soundprofessionals.com. When listening to music though, I prefer to have all my music at a touch of a button.

Oct 21, 2001 at 10:08 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by disturbed

I got spoilt by the speed of uploading songs on the PJB at a friends house one day
biggrin.gif

With an Archos, you could have up- and downloaded the songs, using the software and operating system of your choice.

Oct 21, 2001 at 10:38 PM Post #18 of 18
MacDEF: I'm not slippin - just gettin tired of all the damn flame wars that start when one of us enlightened MD fans start saying how sucks MP3 is........we know the truth. That.....is enough.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back