whats is the best sounding hard-drive mp3 player?
Oct 13, 2001 at 7:57 PM Post #2 of 18
I would say the PJB100 available at http://www.mp3factorydirect.com
They have avery low price, excellent service and you will find lots of helpful people at egroups (the pjb100) group to help you out.

I was one of the first few members ages ago and its an amazing product.

I sure people here will give you some details on it better yet join the pjb100 egroup and they will tell you a lot more on what you want to know
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 13, 2001 at 11:12 PM Post #4 of 18
Neruda: I saw that you were the last poster in this thread - and, for just a moment, wondered if you had recommended the Treo
tongue.gif

Oct 13, 2001 at 11:25 PM Post #5 of 18
Panoz
I have a Creative Nomad Jukebox (NJB). I've just checked on PriceWatch and the 6GB version is now available for $225 (which is a lot less than I paid for it!). I have not compared it to the PJB100 but the NJB is my favorite gizmo.
crk
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 15, 2001 at 2:45 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by panoz777
whats is the best sounding hard-drive mp3 player?...

The Archos Jukebox recorder (with digital out), connected to a good external DAC and amp, would probably provide the best possible sound out of a HDD-based MP3 player.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2001 at 1:24 AM Post #7 of 18
Honestly, I'd say that the Archos Jukebox Recorder (AJBR) has passed up the PJB100. The PJB has always been the accepted best and still is REALLY REALLY good, but i definately think the AJBR is standing right next to it, if not a foot or two ahead.

What I'm trying to get at is you should definately seriously compare these two units. I ended up going for the AJBR because it was slightly smaller and it uses Windows Explorer to do it's transfers as apposed to extra software. Of course the PJB isn't much bigger and the display is bigger, plus i heard the new versions of the firmware have minesweeper on it! thats just crazy cool. hope this helps at least a little bit.

Oct 20, 2001 at 5:18 AM Post #8 of 18
I agree with the sound quality on the Archos Recorder (the sound is not good on the 6000 player only version). It is very good and you have a lot of control over the sound. It is also the only Hard Drive based mp3 player with Digital IN/OUT

The small size is a big plus.

The PJB is a good device but you have to use their software to transfer music to it and you can not copy music or files from the device. You can only copy to it.

Here is a picture of the player so you can see how small it really is.

inhand.jpg

-Richard Holdman
www.funmp3players.com

Oct 20, 2001 at 6:31 PM Post #9 of 18
HEYYYYYYY, Richard looks through this forum, too. Didn't think I'd catch someone from the Funmp3players.com forums in here, let alone the guy who runs it.

Yeah, just not to waste a post, I dont think the Archos Recorder gets the credit it deserves. Oh and just to throw the man a bone, Richard runs a real nice site and has great customer service. Im gettin ready to buy a 20gig Archos Recorder from him in the next couple of weeks.
biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2001 at 5:06 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by neworder
I agree with the sound quality on the Archos Recorder (the sound is not good on the 6000 player only version). It is very good and you have a lot of control over the sound. It is also the only Hard Drive based mp3 player with Digital IN/OUT

The small size is a big plus.

The PJB is a good device but you have to use their software to transfer music to it and you can not copy music or files from the device. You can only copy to it.

Here is a picture of the player so you can see how small it really is.

inhand.jpg

-Richard Holdman
www.funmp3players.com

MAN! The guy has one huge arm
smily_headphones1.gif

Makes the player look small.

Seriously this player has a line out?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
And I already bought a MZR-900 ages ago....what the sound quality of the Archos Recorder/Player combo; I mean the sound quality of its line out?

Oct 21, 2001 at 2:35 PM Post #11 of 18
Disturbed, don't be sad.

ATRAC SP mode will definetely compete with the Archos - if not beat it (it MAY not.....) - and the R900 is so sleek, small, and stylish!

biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2001 at 2:42 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by coolvij
Disturbed, don't be sad.

ATRAC SP mode will definetely compete with the Archos - if not beat it (it MAY not.....) - and the R900 is so sleek, small, and stylish!

biggrin.gif

Lol true holdigng th mzr-900 really feels good because it looks good, good metal casing, attracts people *oooh ahhhhh* and its sounds amazing in such a small package
Hard to be IMO if you have the patience to record
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2001 at 3:07 PM Post #13 of 18
Patience to record!?

People always talk about this - I don't get it.

I mean, you wanna record an entire CD? Give the entire a CD a good listen while it records!

Geez......

tongue.gif

Oct 21, 2001 at 5:48 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

ATRAC SP mode will definetely compete with the Archos - if not beat it (it MAY not.....)

May not?

LOL, coolvij, you're slipping. Standard MD will kick the Archos' butt, unless the Archos is used to store uncompressed WAV files
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2001 at 8:23 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by coolvij
Patience to record!?

People always talk about this - I don't get it.

I mean, you wanna record an entire CD? Give the entire a CD a good listen while it records!

Geez......

tongue.gif

I got spoilt by the speed of uploading songs on the PJB at a friends house one day
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back