What's inside the casing?
Nov 10, 2012 at 9:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12
Simple question, really. I'm curious to learn more about what's under the hood, so to speak.

Does anybody have any photos with a headphone opened up so we can see the componentry and what's going on there?

Nov 11, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #2 of 12
See "Post Pics Of Your Builds"

Nov 11, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #3 of 12
depends what cans your looking for in specific, but you can usually google it, go to images, and there will be some pictures of the drivers and whatnot

Nov 12, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:
Or you could just do what people did before they had the internet and take it apart yourself.

Blasphemy ! 

I think there is a line between curiosity and actually doing something though, the OP may not be confident enough to do it themselves. I know I can get a bit heavy handed and tend to break things.

Nov 14, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #7 of 12
I know plenty of things that serve no real constructive purpose, sometimes knowing things can be enjoyable in itself.

I cracked open a mobile phone car charger to see what was in it. They just used a heap of diodes in series to drop the voltage down to around 5v. Have I further used this information ? Nope. I do find it interesting though.

Some people also like to know how things work, even if they don't use that knowledge.

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:
Taking something apart is not the same as breaking it.

Not entirely true.

It can be if you don't know what you're doing.

Even then, some things are difficult at times and they might not be made to come apart often or it may be somewhat destructive or require replacement parts to re-assemble.

Just from experience myself.

Doesn't help if you are heavy handed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back