What's inside a Boostaroo
Feb 2, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #16 of 27
Be gone, Boostaroo!
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 3, 2006 at 7:00 AM Post #17 of 27
Well I tried to take better pics but couldn't seem to get any better than what I posted. But I've had a couple days now to listen to this thing and other than the size, I have no complaints. It really is nice to listen to. I'm using the px100s and the e2c's. I tried it with both my ipod and my archos with all genres of music ripped at 260kb vbr mp3's with LAME and I haven't heard any added noise or a sound quality reduction. For what this thing costs I would recommend it as it does just as advertised, amplifies the sound.

Feb 3, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #18 of 27
*runs in panting, with his armor clanking loudly*

My Lords! More Boostaroos approach on the horizon! IN IPOD NANO MATCHING COLORS!

*Collapses and dies*

http://www.boostaroo.com/

Feb 3, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin24
Well I tried to take better pics but couldn't seem to get any better than what I posted.

Looks like it has three opamps. On one of them I can see a National Semiconductor logo and a LM4xx part number but can't make out what the xx is. Perhaps you could post what the part number is? I'm curious what it is.

Feb 3, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Sure, on what side and where is the #?

In the first photo you posted, there are three chips soldered across the board. What's printed on it?

Feb 5, 2006 at 3:40 AM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Sooo after looking at the inside of the boostaroo, is it as crappy as everyone thought?

Absolutely. Or let's just say -- it's not hi-fi, just a couple of cheap opamps and electrolytic capacitors. No different than what you'd find inside a $20 PCDP, and it's not going to drive headphones any better.

Feb 5, 2006 at 7:01 AM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyre
The PA2v2 has similar internal contents, yet everyone who owns it seems to think it's great.

That's how I've always felt about the PA2V2 myself... what's so hi-fi about it? But you can't argue with a legion of satisfied owners, I guess...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back