whats in your cd player right now....
Oct 7, 2007 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

Th3rd3y3

100+ Head-Fier
David Bowie - David Live disc one....

damn this is a great album

moonage daydream has got to be one of his best songs.... "keep your electric eye on me babe, put your raygun to my head"

Oct 7, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #2 of 47
Frank Zappa - Hot Rats. Just got this one from Todd R, it's an awesome CD, reminds me of John Zorn.

Also been rotating through some Pixies (Surfer Rosa, and Doolittle), Asobi Seksu (Citrus), Boris (Feedbacker, Pink) and the new Tokyo Jihen CD Variety.

Good times
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #4 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Frank Zappa - Hot Rats. Just got this one from Todd R, it's an awesome CD, reminds me of John Zorn.

Also been rotating through some Pixies (Surfer Rosa, and Doolittle), Asobi Seksu (Citrus), Boris (Feedbacker, Pink) and the new Tokyo Jihen CD Variety.

Good times
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd love to find a decent vinyl pressing of that!
smily_headphones1.gif

Let's see...currently the Ayre is empty, but the last disk I played was Tool's Undertow.

Oct 7, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #6 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd love to find a decent vinyl pressing of that!
smily_headphones1.gif

Same here. I hear that Zappa replaced the solo on the vinyl edition with a different solo for the remastered CD. The original solo is supposed to be better. Heck, and here I thought this one was pretty rippin'!

Oct 8, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #10 of 47
Bardic Divas: Women's Voices of Central Asia

Rustic music by ladies from faraway places like Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan; very, very impressive, didn't really expect it to be as good as it is.

Oct 8, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #11 of 47
Edgar Meyer's self-titled album - it is a great recording, and interesting music to boot, though I am not sure it got great reviews. The recording is a great headphone listen, and I really think it's pretty stunning for something recorded in his home.

Oct 8, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #12 of 47
Evergrey Recreation Day. and bonus track Trilogy of the Damned was on repeat for couple of session - just can't get enough of Tom Englund's vocals - so powerful but soft at the same time. Great metal band.

Oct 8, 2007 at 7:14 AM Post #13 of 47
Aimee Mann's MFSL sacd cut of Bachelor No. 2

Oct 8, 2007 at 2:16 PM Post #15 of 47
Rob Brown, Whit Dickey and Joe Morris - Youniverse
Gripping jazz improv, sorta like Ornette Coleman for the new millennium even though it was recorded in the early '90s. Strong compositionally, too: alto sax, drums and guitar

Duke Ellington - Such Sweet Thunder

Users who are viewing this thread

Back