What's gonna keep you satisfied???
Apr 27, 2010 at 10:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Noobiiee

100+ Head-Fier
My situation is that I keep buying headphones and getting bored of them after about a week and end up selling them. So my question is has any of you guys ever been satisfied by a set of headphones for a long time and if so, what makes you?

I guess for me, the thrill of trying new headphones is the main reason since I've just discovered my love for audiophile stuff a month ago (reading this sentence make me think headphones are like actually like women to me, no matter how good they are, you'll get bored of one eventually, then it's time to get married :p ). For headphones at least you can sell them
biggrin.gif
<---- Defo I'm gonna get bashed for this
tongue.gif

Apr 27, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #2 of 27
You can sell women, too.

I'll be satisfied once I get to the point where I hear no difference, or the difference is so small that I'd never notice it during regular listening. Perhaps before that if the money just isn't worth it. That's why I'm likely going to stop at a high-quality but inexpensive DAC, an amp that's just enough to drive the headphones to full potential, and a top-tier or near-top-tier headphone. From there it's just side-grades to try stuff out, and if it replaces what I already have, then good. I'll be making good use of the For Sale forum for sure.

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #3 of 27
You will never be satisfied until you find contentment with what you already have. At that point you can upgrade if you want and appreciate the next level even more.

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #4 of 27
I'm fully satisfied breh

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #5 of 27
I'm fairly content right now. Mainly because A) I lack the funds to upgrade and B) Keep telling myself I'm going to stop with this whole headphone/audiophile thing (after the next upgrade that is).

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #6 of 27
I am rather happy with my current phone, but not after I have tried most other in the first place (SA5000, W5000, D7000, K701, HD600). After listening to them, I am now happy with my current phone.

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #8 of 27
a week? that's not even long enough to "learn" the headphone before selling it. so how can you get bored so quickly?

however, i must admit that the upgrade-itis is a very catching disease around these parts. and, reading this forum plants the seeds of discontent with your rig.

i try to remind myself frequently that just as of january i was listening to skullcandy headphones. and eat al little humbe pie, and be happy with my current system...

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Injury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can sell women, too.

Err......... [size=small]WHAT[/size]
confused_face_2.gif

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #11 of 27
HD650 is sure "doing it" for me, for now
smily_headphones1.gif

i would like a better DAC, and i'd like to balance the Senns. and i am planning to get a good quality portable rig going soon (dad's old 4th gen ipod, rockboxed + FLAC, flash memory mod + battery replacement, new portable cans). after all that stuff...a sub for the speakers? who can say! i am pleased with where i'm at right now.

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvrboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love how this is the first thing somebody responded with. That was my thought too when i read the post!

Yeah. I've learned you can count on Head Injury for the zingers.
icon10.gif

also, if his zingers don't work, you can always laugh at his avatar.
heck, that curly moustache works for me every time.
tongue.gif

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #14 of 27
Since both the T1s and HD800s have been added to the roster, my upgraditis has been kept at bay for several months...now it's just tinkering with gear around them.
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
get phones I like, mod them until I really like them and keep modding as you find better tweaks

^^ and get those headphones from Smeggy when he is done tweaking.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back