if you fry it in penut oil it has no added fat and is so much more moist
NO MORE DRY BREASTS
biggrin.gif

besides the fried turkey there will be mashed potatoes, brocoli and cheese
asparagus, stuffing, and PUMPKIN PIE!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2005 at 7:32 PM Post #18 of 44
Going to Seattle to visit my son and his girlfriend. They are cooking so it should be an adventure

Nov 19, 2005 at 9:13 PM Post #19 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme
deep fried turkey is definatley the way to go
if you fry it in penut oil it has no added fat and is so much more moist
NO MORE DRY BREASTS
biggrin.gif

besides the fried turkey there will be mashed potatoes, brocoli and cheese
asparagus, stuffing, and PUMPKIN PIE!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Whoever first came up with Pumpkin Pie deserves SUPER MAD PROPS! One of the greatest things known to man!... Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream... and a cup of coffee (or egg nog if you like it) It really doesn't get much better then that.

Nov 20, 2005 at 1:13 AM Post #21 of 44
Wow, reading what most of yall are having makes me thankful to have been from SC. Yall are downright deprived on Thanksgiving. Would grandma be angry if I told everyone to show up at her house next Thursday?
wink.gif

Just turkey and mashed potatos? Yuck!
biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #22 of 44
My immediate family is going on a vacation to Myrtle Beach, SC for a vacation during Thanksgiving, and we're going to a huge buffet place there. From what I was told, they have a 400+ item buffet
eek.gif

*Bringing a lounge chair and a few beers so I can sit on the beach and listen to music for countless hours while the family does their thing
rs1smile.gif

Nov 20, 2005 at 4:36 AM Post #23 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
My immediate family is going on a vacation to Myrtle Beach, SC for a vacation during Thanksgiving, and we're going to a huge buffet place there. From what I was told, they have a 400+ item buffet
eek.gif

*Bringing a lounge chair and a few beers so I can sit on the beach and listen to music for countless hours while the family does their thing
rs1smile.gif

I would believe this. I've never been to Myrtle Beach for Thanksgiving, but it's completely believable.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 20, 2005 at 4:45 AM Post #24 of 44
my inlaws prefer ham over turkey, which is cool with me! plus half the spread is korean food too. my wife loves turkey tho so she's going to look into getting a small bird this year.

Nov 20, 2005 at 7:31 AM Post #25 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by daycart1
Pizza--veggie.
cool.gif

Maybe I should hit up Papa Murphy's on Wednesday. The wife is going in for major surgery Wednesday, so it will just be me and the dog home on Thanksgiving, and the dog will be home alone most of the day. I haven't asked the dog what she wants, yet.
biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2005 at 3:48 PM Post #26 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
Maybe I should hit up Papa Murphy's on Wednesday. The wife is going in for major surgery Wednesday, so it will just be me and the dog home on Thanksgiving, and the dog will be home alone most of the day. I haven't asked the dog what she wants, yet.
biggrin.gif

Good luck with that Buddy.

I'm eating with the Ex and my kids so I'm sure it will be "the usual". We decided not to have any MARINES or NAVY over this year since they got into fights the two years previous and at Christmas. We got calls from the COs from the 25th and Great Lakes begging us to have them over but I might just have some Guard troops over,if that's Ok with the the Ex.

Nov 24, 2005 at 3:02 PM Post #27 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
biggrin.gif

The surgery got rescheduled for next week. So, I went to work yesterday. Now I'm stuck in a motel in Nampa Idaho, with no car. I packed a nice salad for dinner. But I left the shrimp at home.
tongue.gif

I'm having a nice quiet Thanksgiving here in my room.

I hope everyone at Head-Fi is enjoying the holiday today.

Nov 24, 2005 at 3:43 PM Post #28 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrEcted1
Whoever first came up with Pumpkin Pie deserves SUPER MAD PROPS! One of the greatest things known to man!... Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream... and a cup of coffee (or egg nog if you like it) It really doesn't get much better then that.

yup yup!! I've always wanted to at least try one deep fried turkey during my life time. I'm not to big on turkey the last best turkey I ever ate was several years ago, I will never get eat another great turkey like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back