what's for thanksgiving dinner?
Nov 24, 2005 at 7:47 PM Post #31 of 44
Not sure yet. Visiting the In-Laws, my sister-in-law is having it catered.

All I know I'm having for sure is my mother-in-law's Apple Clafouti, or as I like to call it, Apple Pizza.
tongue.gif

Mmmm. Yes, this is so tasty, HEY what's that over there?! <feeds to dog>, oh, yes, I'm finished, it was delicious. Oh seconds? No, I couldn't possibly eat another bite, I'm absolutely full.

But the mint is way-fah thin, you say? .......

-Ed

Nov 25, 2005 at 2:03 AM Post #34 of 44
Turkey, two kinds of stuffing, cranberries, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potato, rolls...all the good stuff

Nov 25, 2005 at 2:13 AM Post #35 of 44
as expected we had ham instead of turkey. but the kicker was the corned beef. man that was the tastiest slab i ever had!

Nov 25, 2005 at 2:33 AM Post #36 of 44
I'm spending thanksgiving alone this year (for various reasons too detailed to go into) so I just went out and got a LARGE pizza... good enough for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2005 at 2:45 AM Post #37 of 44
I cooked turkey for eleven with braised ham in madiera and sherry. Mashed, butternut squash, creamed spinach, green beans, cranberry sauce, pecan sausage stuffing, pecan and pumpkin pie for desert with whipped cream AND vanilla ice cream. Too much!

Nov 25, 2005 at 3:34 AM Post #38 of 44
I'll soon find in about a half hour but as far as I can tell we'll have three turkeys each prepared differently. One turkey will be prepared the traditional way, one will be deep fried, and one will be brined. We'll also have baked sweet yams, mashed potatoes, three different kinds of stuffing, corn, ham, custard/pumkin/strawberry pie, along with a few Chinese and Japanese dishes.

Nov 25, 2005 at 3:37 AM Post #39 of 44
A turkey (my mom didn't know which side was up so she ended up cooking it upsidedown)
tongue.gif
, honeybaked ham, broiled fish, barbecued beef, pork, and chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes, casserole, and ROOT BEER
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2005 at 4:26 AM Post #41 of 44
[size=xx-large]Hotdogs![/size] and stove top stuffing.

Nov 25, 2005 at 6:57 AM Post #42 of 44
I made Lavendar Cookies, Rosewater, a Raspberry/Boysenberry jam Torte, a wine poached Pear Tart, and a Yorkshire Pudding Casserole with Gruyere, Parrano and Cheddar cheese. Besides that we had a Bone-in ham, a black forest ham, 2 turkeys, 5 different kinds of stuffing, 50 pounds of mashed potatoes, 4 pumpking pies, 4 apple pies, 4 pecan pies, 2 mince pies, sage rolls, rosemary rolls, yams, snow peas, and a lot of other side type dishes. I also drank 6 or 7 beers. There were 21 people, but there are so many good cooks in the family everyone always takes a lot of leftovers, hence the overkill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back