What's Best Wireless Headphones If Money Is No Object?
Jun 25, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #3 of 18
I'd eventually go for a HE1000SE on a Fiio BTR5 :)

Jun 26, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #5 of 18
I'd eventually go for a HE1000SE on a Fiio BTR5 :)
Don't think the Btr5 is the best thing to drive a planar like the HE1KSE. Like Roderick said, I think that the HE R10P with the Bluemini is a better option if money isn't an issue. I had the Bluemini with the Deva (which is not easy to drive) and was able to drive it to defeaning levels.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #6 of 18
Bose q35, you get a lot of headphone for the money. and the Noise cancelling is better than many aviation headphones. And you won’t look like a loon when your neighbors see you walking around with them, unlike the hifiman.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #7 of 18
Don't think the Btr5 is the best thing to drive a planar like the HE1KSE. Like Roderick said, I think that the HE R10P with the Bluemini is a better option if money isn't an issue. I had the Bluemini with the Deva (which is not easy to drive) and was able to drive it to defeaning levels.

According to the specs I found the Btr5 is just as powerful balanced as the Bluemini. Hifiman claims 230mW in the real world and the Btr5 does 240mW @ 32 ohms

Jun 26, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #8 of 18
According to the specs I found the Btr5 is just as powerful balanced as the Bluemini. Hifiman claims 230mW in the real world and the Btr5 does 240mW @ 32 ohms
Didn't know that. Thanks for the information. I was just talking based on my experience. I have both and it was easier to drive the Hifiman Deva from the bluemini than from the BTR5.

Jun 26, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #9 of 18
Didn't know that. Thanks for the information. I was just talking based on my experience. I have both and it was easier to drive the Hifiman Deva from the bluemini than from the BTR5.

Even balanced from Btr5?

Jun 26, 2021 at 9:21 PM Post #10 of 18
Sennheiser, Bose, Apple or another brand?
Audeze Mobius is the best-sounding wireless headphone I've heard to date, followed by the Grado GW100.

Jun 26, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #12 of 18
Yeah, I only use the 2,5 output of the Btr5. I guess it must be something with the volume steps of both devices. The Bluemini having less steps might gave me the impression of more power.

That could be it. Not impossible that the output power numbers are off on either device. Hifiman does claim more "theoretical" power compared to their real world number, so who knows

Jul 2, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #15 of 18
Without a doubt the HE1000SE sounds quite a bit better with my home amps….but it does do surprisingly good with my btr5!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back