What's a good price for an AKG K1000?
Feb 9, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #46 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
The thumbs up was for your broken K1000!
very_evil_smiley.gif

I don't give up easily! You will eat your words once I throw $$$ into the K1000, you'll see
k1000smile.gif

EDIT: I think the treble is easily fixed. The bass, on the other hand, is going to need a lot of help.

Feb 9, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #47 of 49
It's not the treble - it's the midrange "issue" I hear...I do have faith in your resolve, however!
k1000smile.gif

Feb 10, 2006 at 12:54 AM Post #48 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by PATB
To tell you the truth, it has been so long and the shipping dates keep getting missed that I have no idea anymore what is in it or if it will ever come.

I know that feeling just too well.
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2006 at 1:30 AM Post #49 of 49
Ahhhhh yessssss....now listening to "A Love Supreme" on my new AKG K-1000s. I'm driving them with my shiny new Super T-Amp, and they're a good match. The K-1000s are sounding a little bright, but for just-opened phones, they sound fantastic.

I picked up the last pair that Music Direct had. And they price matched with djMart, down to the penny! $695 + shipping.

I couldn't tell you guys until I physically had them in hand...I was crazy paranoid that someone from Head-Fi was going to rush to Music Direct and snatch them out of their showroom before they shipped, especially after everyone went ape-crazy over my letting it slip that someone (djMart, obviously, if you bothered to Froogle them) was selling them for $699.

No, these were to be mine and mine alone. The last pair from a reputable seller (in the US) for $695 + shipping. Mwuhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(How many left now? How many does Todd have left? C'mon, say it, make people miserable that they HAVE TO HAVE THESE PHONES!!!!! How many left? Find out! Find out!)
rolleyes.gif
Meh, you guys are insane.

k1000smile.gif
k1000smile.gif
k1000smile.gif
k1000smile.gif
k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back