What's a good price for an AKG K1000?
Feb 7, 2006 at 11:48 PM Post #31 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by PATB
James, do you already have a pair (I see it in your profile)? If yes and this is for a spare, I would take the chance with djmart. If not...well, I can sell you mine later on for $1K (if I don't like it)
very_evil_smiley.gif

Hey PATB, I had a pair but I sold it to akwok, soon after I realized that I really do like this headphone and started looking for a brand new one. djmart happen to gave me the price of $695 I even confirm it with "joey" that they do have it in-stock. Based on the conversation I had with him, I supposed to get one of the last 6 pairs from AKG. he did tell me that they will sent me the tracking, but so far I haven't seen it yet. I did call Todd and ask him to hold a pair for me until I get this thing straighten out and he said that he would, so either way I'm covered, I think...
k1000smile.gif

Feb 7, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #32 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesp
Hey PATB, I had a pair but I sold it to akwok, soon after I realized that I really do like this headphone and started looking for a brand new one. djmart happen to gave me the price of $695 I even confirm it with "joey" that they do have it in-stock. Based on the conversation I had with him, I supposed to get one of the last 6 pairs from AKG. he did tell me that they will sent me the tracking, but so far I haven't seen it yet. I did call Todd and ask him to hold a pair for me until I get this thing straighten out and he said that he would, so either way I'm covered, I think...
k1000smile.gif

very_evil_smiley.gif
I am so evil.

Feb 7, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #33 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
very_evil_smiley.gif
I am so evil.

That you are...lol....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #34 of 49
I just got an e-mail from djmart stating that they cancelled my order. which is fine with me. I just kind of mad that they lead me on for a couple of days then this. I'm now waiting for the money to show up in my paypal account again then order it from ttvj.

Akwok!!! I hope you enjoy that K1000 I sold to you
mad.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
k1000smile.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #35 of 49
Quote:

I just got an e-mail from djmart stating that they cancelled my order. which is fine with me. I just kind of mad that they lead me on for a couple of days then this. I'm now waiting for the money to show up in my paypal account again then order it from ttvj.

Akwok!!! I hope you enjoy that K1000 I sold to you
mad.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
k1000smile.gif

what was the price difference with ttvj?

Feb 8, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #36 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
what was the price difference with ttvj?

It was $105, but when I talked to Todd yesterday, he said that he would meet me half way.

Feb 8, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #37 of 49
Quote:

It was $105, but when I talked to Todd yesterday, he said that he would meet me half way.

have to ask him how many are left. Whether it is 5 or less now..
rolleyes.gif

Feb 9, 2006 at 4:36 AM Post #38 of 49
Received my K1000 today. I don't have the right amplification for it at the moment, but I ran it with my Denon DM-31 anyways to make sure it at least works. Well, I ended up listening to an entire album (10,000 Maniacs -- In my tribe) and enjoyed every minute of it. OK, so I had to cheat a little by adding +2 to the bass boost and -1 to the treble. I also had some minor issue with comfort, even when I adjusted the back pads.

Overall, the K1000 has potential to be phenomenal. However, for now, it goes back in the box until I finish optimizing my HD650 rig.

IMG_1712.jpg

Feb 9, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #39 of 49
woot!!!!

Congrats on the k 1000. Okay, I'll try it again, but I hadn't thought the Denon could drive the k 1000. How'd you clamp down the speaker terminals? I had to hold them down manually.

Best,

-Jason

Feb 9, 2006 at 4:53 AM Post #40 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
woot!!!!

Congrats on the k 1000. Okay, I'll try it again, but I hadn't thought the Denon could drive the k 1000. How'd you clamp down the speaker terminals? I had to hold them down manually.

Best,

-Jason

The K1000 "extension" cable has bare wires, which I inserted into the holes of the speaker nodes on the back of the Denon (conventional latch with hole in the center).

The sound is actually not bad. Plus the EQ helps A LOT. Too bad my wife wants the denon back in the kitchen
frown.gif

When my SDS-XLR arrives, I will use it as a pre-amp to drive the K100 with a solid state class-A power amp
very_evil_smiley.gif

EDIT 1: I only need +17 of volume before it gets too loud for me. I guess I listen really low.

EDIT 2: I may have spoken too soon on the Denon/K1000 combo. I did some more listening test and noticed low frequency buzzing on the left channel. Swapping the left and right channel outputs of the denon did not move the problem, so it is also possible the K1000 itself has a problem. I will try another amp before contacting AKG.

Feb 9, 2006 at 12:47 PM Post #41 of 49
Ebay Germany (.de) seems to have an unlimited supply of AKG K1000s. Just try talking the sellers into shipping overseas. Even with the current dollar weakness, there are still get very good deals on the K1000 (or other headphones like the K340, HE60, etc.).

I'm really thinking of getting another pair again. With a TC Electronic mastering EQ arriving in a few weeks, I think the K1000 would be phenomenal...

Quote:

Originally Posted by PATB
When my SDS-XLR arrives, I will use it as a pre-amp to drive the K100 with a solid state class-A power amp

So when is your SDS scheduled to arrive?
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 9, 2006 at 4:33 PM Post #42 of 49
Well, as it turns out, there is a rattling sound coming out of the left channel at low frequencies. I discovered it after the second CD; didn't discover earlier because of the noise in the house at that time. This morning, the left channel has a lot lower volume than the right, so much so that the left channel sounds dead! This even when I swap the left and right channel outputs of the Denon.

I jsut talked to AKG and was told to return the K1000 for warranty repair. People complain about Grado quality but I never had a single problem with Grados. I buy an AKG once and I get a bad unit. Definitely no
k1000smile.gif
for me for a while.

saint, I should have the beast by tomorrow (I hope).

Feb 9, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #43 of 49
This also means there are at least 3 SDS-XLRs in the area. Ayt999 has the super-maxed solid-state PSU while Sleestack has the tube-rectififed PSU. Can you provide more information regarding your SDS-XLR, Pat?

Feb 9, 2006 at 8:48 PM Post #44 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
This also means there are at least 3 SDS-XLRs in the area. Ayt999 has the super-maxed solid-state PSU while Sleestack has the tube-rectififed PSU. Can you provide more information regarding your SDS-XLR, Pat?

Gee, I thought the thumbs up was for my broken K1000 (which is now awaiting the FedEx guy for a trip to AKG USA).

My SDS-XLR is the super stock version
icon10.gif
To tell you the truth, it has been so long and the shipping dates keep getting missed that I have no idea anymore what is in it or if it will ever come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back