Whats a good movie to watch with my girlfriend?
Oct 24, 2011 at 5:53 AM Post #46 of 61
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die."
Rutger Hauer is amazing in this, easily the most memorable part of the film.

I'd say Blade Runner is probably much more significant/important then Androids Dream of Electric Sheep simply because it cemented the cyberpunk aesthetic.  Its influence is seen both in films and texts that proceeded it.  Then again, my whole point of making the comparison was that both works are great in their own ways.  Thematically, each work while sharing a good deal, diverge in different directions.  That said, Scott has probably done the most for sci-fi film in recent years more so then any other single person.  He's done Blade Runner and Alien, easily two of the best sci-fi films in the last few decades.

Oct 26, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #47 of 61
Breathless may work for you. 
Last Year at Marienbad
Heart of Glass

It depends what you and she like. Sunset Boulevard is good. Most women do seem to like Amelie, but you may not like it. The Pianist is good. How to Steal a Million is likable, mainly because Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole are so likable. Charade. Roman Holiday

Also try most anything by Wes Anderson, especially if you like Amelie

Masterpiece Theatre almost always works. 

Nov 1, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #51 of 61
Whenever I see a thread title in the form of a question, I immediately have an answer before I can get the thread open.  Seeing the title for this thread, for instance, made me blurt out:

Human Centipede

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutchops1977 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How about 'Paranormal Activity'.... This is the scariest movie I have ever friggin seen.

Yes I would have to agree.  I've been a fan of horror movies for most of my 34 years, and this one freaked me the hell out in a way that is both extremely uncomfortable and quite delicious.  And I didn't think it was a documentary the way some early viewers did.

Nov 2, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #52 of 61
Nov 5, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #56 of 61

If you want to watch a good Australian movie, I recommend "Underbelly files: The man who got away", based on a true story, if you like it there are more and they give a good insight into the Australian culture (mostly criminal of course, but it's a good aussie series).

Nov 5, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #57 of 61

Quote:

If you want to watch a good Australian movie, I recommend "Underbelly files: The man who got away", based on a true story, if you like it there are more and they give a good insight into the Australian culture (mostly criminal of course, but it's a good aussie series).

He's watching it with his gf. 
blink.gif

Nov 6, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #58 of 61
I think we are just going to watch anime.

Nov 6, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #60 of 61

Quote:
Do you meet her biannually or what

No she lives on the other side of town and i work so we need to schedule a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back