What's a good headphone in the $300-400 range?
Mar 8, 2013 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kzhlin

Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 8, 2013
Posts
87
Likes
10
Hey guys,
 
I have a beats wireless that I got as a gift, and I really don't like it. I'm planning to sell it and get a better quality headphone. 

Some that I am thinking about:
- Sennheiser Momentum
- Bose QC15
- Beats Studio (I listened to it for a minute, and it was noisy outside, but it sounded decent. Going to borrow my friend's beats studios tonight for another listen.)
 
Any thoughts or recommendations?
 
Thanks!
 
Mar 8, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 7

jonny564

Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 27, 2010
Posts
89
Likes
10
Vmoda headphones have a great reputation and are made to be run without amping. Decent bass too if thats what your after
 
 
discussion thread on their M100  http://www.head-fi.org/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc/12720
 
Mar 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #3 of 7

kzhlin

Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 8, 2013
Posts
87
Likes
10
Thanks. How do those compare with the Senns? Someone also told me to check out the Sony Mdr-1r's.

I listen to mostly classical and pop music if that helps to determine which headphones to buy.
 
Mar 8, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #4 of 7

DarKen23

INCOMPLETE TRADES
IP address matches youngGeezeh
Joined
Mar 8, 2013
Posts
1,144
Likes
29
Dish out $100 more and you'll be in the market for some really nice IEMs
 
Mar 8, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #5 of 7

DarKen23

INCOMPLETE TRADES
IP address matches youngGeezeh
Joined
Mar 8, 2013
Posts
1,144
Likes
29
Quote:
Dish out $100 more and you'll be in the market for some really nice IEMs

Sorry, I didnt realize you were looking to get headphones not earphones.
 
Mar 11, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #7 of 7

TwinQY

Something about the rear end of a cat
Joined
Nov 26, 2011
Posts
9,017
Likes
2,261
Location
Cat
Quote:
Hey guys,
 
I have a beats wireless that I got as a gift, and I really don't like it. I'm planning to sell it and get a better quality headphone. 

Some that I am thinking about:
- Sennheiser Momentum
- Bose QC15
- Beats Studio (I listened to it for a minute, and it was noisy outside, but it sounded decent. Going to borrow my friend's beats studios tonight for another listen.)

Quote:
I listen to mostly classical and pop music if that helps to determine which headphones to buy.

Might have to throw us a bone and give a bit more detail regarding sound signature preferences (bass quantity/quality, midrange, treble, soundstaging, etc), isolation, comfort, etc. Probably the reason for the lack of responses. 
 
Also - http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-107-portable-headphones-reviewed-astrotec-as-100hd-as-200hd-added-12-02-12 (might want to look especially at the section for the Studios)
http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top